OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VIII: Daisy Dukes Sharkinis On Top

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
No matter what I do, I don't see the royal blue as shown in that catalog image AS.

I've played with the brightness of my screen, screen colours, everything. Nada.

I only see the "off-white" (bluish-white) and gold.

Clearly I have the eyesight level of an NHL referee, and missed my calling.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
No matter what I do, I don't see the royal blue as shown in that catalog image AS.

I've played with the brightness of my screen, screen colours, everything. Nada.

I only see the "off-white" (bluish-white) and gold.

Clearly I have the eyesight level of an NHL referee, and missed my calling.

Apparently its to do with how the cones in your eyes compensate for the composition of the image, if you see white/gold then your eyes are essentially overcompensating. I was pretty freaked out when I showed my brother and we both claimed to seeing different colors while looking at the same image on the same screen. Before that I was convinced it was some kind of elaborate troll job going on.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What is it about this dress that everyone is talking about? Before I left to work this morning, I watched this rather briefly on the news. I've seen the picture and see two different dresses.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Could be worse - we could be cats.

r8oLkO5.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I only see (dark) white and gold in the picture.

But this vine shows what's up.

See, I notice a definite different in contrast when the light is moved away, but even at the beginning of that vine and with the original picture of the dress, my eyes never once tried to fool me into seeing white with gold.

I read some articles claiming that the difference can be attributed to higher-functioning eyes seeing blue and lower-functioning eyes seeing white. My ego has been fed for the day. :p:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
See, I notice a definite different in contrast when the light is moved away, but even at the beginning of that vine and with the original picture of the dress, my eyes never once tried to fool me into seeing white with gold.

I read some articles claiming that the difference can be attributed to higher-functioning eyes seeing blue and lower-functioning eyes seeing white. My ego has been fed for the day. :p:

E3egaDz.gif

But anyway, science.

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Boris Nemtsov the new opposition leader in Russia has been murdered assassinated in a scene that is being compared to past Russian contract hits.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Boris Nemtsov the new opposition leader in Russia has been murdered assassinated in a scene that is being compared to past Russian contract hits.

Nemtsov's death comes just a day before a planned protest against President Vladimir Putin's rule. The Kremlin said that Putin will personally oversee the investigation.

Yes, I am sure he will...no conflict of interest there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad