OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
This guy lives near me and does great work:

Unfortunately, anything into/out of Canada for me needs to go through customs.

I grew up about a 2 hour drive fron Kingston, ON (on the US side) so getting to Ontario growing up was easy (Niagara Falls under 3 hours too.) Now, Canada is 5+ hours away and QC and NB are the two closest provinces.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Unfortunately, anything into/out of Canada for me needs to go through customs.

I grew up about a 2 hour drive fron Kingston, ON (on the US side) so getting to Ontario growing up was easy (Niagara Falls under 3 hours too.) Now, Canada is 5+ hours away and QC and NB are the two closest provinces.
I hear you man. I got my SNES version 2 modded from him and will do likewise for my NES US version too. Allow for RGB output.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Here are some of my better Super Nintendo games. First one at the top is "Secret of Mana" that you can't see that well.

View attachment 795190View attachment 795191View attachment 795192

I once defeated Link to the Past with 0 deaths, 0 saves. It was glorious. Right up there with 100% on San Andreas and 1 quarter Double Dragon victories.

"I want to poop in a whale's blowhole."
- my daughter

Like literally what the f***
Next time my son is taking a big draw in a game at a big moment, I’m telling him to growl that to the opposing centre.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Holy crap. Totally forgot I had this. Based on the Sega Naomi 2 arcade architecture and joint venture with Nintendo named Triforce.

I even have the stickers to add to the controller board. :laugh:

At that time my plan was to build an arcade cabinet.

1000014943.png
1000014944.png
1000014945.png
1000014939.jpg
1000014940.jpg

Reactions: Metroid and MSZ

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Holy crap. Totally forgot I had this. Based on the Sega Naomi 2 arcade architecture and joint venture with Nintendo named Triforce.

I even have the stickers to add to the controller board. :laugh:

At that time my plan was to build an arcade cabinet.
My "arcade" setup. Japanese Xbox 360 and mostly Japanese arcade games but I do have Street Fighter II on it. The monitor can be rotated.

The stick is Taito Vewlix Premium VLX. All proper Sanwa parts inside.
50031229087_16bfb06d00_k.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BallardEra

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Has anyone else been trying to keep up with this UAP disclosure stuff and non-human intelligence, government secrets and all of that?

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Just arrived -- Aston Spirit condensor microphone. Lots of great reviews and it sounded fantastic (IMHO) over at Audio Test Kitchen.

aston spirit.jpg

Reactions: Metroid

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
i have legend of zelda tears of Kindgom collectors edition still unopened :laugh: Was gifted for my birthday

Such a good game.

Kind of a random additional comment, but if all goes according to plan, I’ll be releasing my first commercial video game this fall! Given I only work on it in my spare time, a lot will depend on how busy my work life is this year.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Such a good game.

Kind of a random additional comment, but if all goes according to plan, I’ll be releasing my first commercial video game this fall! Given I only work on it in my spare time, a lot will depend on how busy my work life is this year.
Congrats and good luck.

I’ve released my own game lately. It’s called “Try Putting on Your Socks Without Sitting/Falling Down”.

It’s very challenging, and some days I win and sometimes I lose but the outcome is always in question and my wife enjoys watching, which tells me it has real spectator potential…..

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Congrats and good luck.

I’ve released my own game lately. It’s called “Try Putting on Your Socks Without Sitting/Falling Down”.

It’s very challenging, and some days I win and sometimes I lose but the outcome is always in question and my wife enjoys watching, which tells me it has real spectator potential…..

Thank you! I’m excited. Early play testing feedback has been pretty good so far, though I know I need to expand the test group soon! It’s not the smartest thing but I’ve actually been developing 2 games simultaneously so I had to pick one to focus on in 2024. I think I should hopefully be able to release the second in fall 2025.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Too much gaming talk, back to important stuff. I was looking for something at the LCBO yesterday and happened to see this on the shelf. I'd never tried the cask strength stuff but I've read about it lately, I like Laphroaig so on an impulse, I bought a bottle even though it was damn pricey. I tried some last night, holy smokes what a peat bomb. I'm honestly not ever sure I like it, perhaps my palate isn't sophisticated enough or maybe it's just too peaty but I guess I'll have to try it a couple more times to decide for sure. I don't normally add water to scotch but for this stuff it's a must, completely changes the taste and opens it up. This is batch 16, in batch 15 there are apparently instructions on the package to add double the amount of water to the scotch, but for this batch is says to add just a little bit. An interesting experiment anyway, next time I try it I will probably add more water than I did. If I had to say right now, I'd say I won't be buying any more of Laphroaig Cask Strength as I'd rather just by Lagavulin (8 or 16) but who knows. It's different anyway from any scotch I've tried before, VERY different!!

20240112_161143.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad