OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
live look at @Teeder Keon

teeder is old as fk.gif

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I believe Nintendo was doing a remake for that game.
I got it... Don't buy it for full price like I did. Wasn't worth the money. I played it again and loved it for the nostalgia, but shouldn't be sold at the price they are selling it for a remake like that tbh where they didn't add anything.

If someone has never played yes I believe it could be worth it but not for those who already played it

Reactions: BallardEra

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I got it... Don't buy it for full price like I did. Wasn't worth the money. I played it again and loved it for the nostalgia, but shouldn't be sold at the price they are selling it for a remake like that tbh where they didn't add anything.

If someone has never played yes I believe it could be worth it but not for those who already played it
Thanks for the info.

Nintendo has made a killing for decades by following that business model. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I had a Famicom with the disk system. All of my games were pirate disks so I don't actually own any games.
I remember a place called “Video Connections” back in the late 1980s and early 1990s just outside the Eaton Centre. (210 Yonge St)

They had every import game including those huge carts for the Neo-Geo. I remember buying the Famicom version of Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse with the adapter that summer before the NA version came out later that fall.

That was a pricey store but they had every game possible.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I remember a place called “Video Connections” back in the late 1980s and early 1990s just outside the Eaton Centre. (210 Yonge St)

They had every import game including those huge carts for the Neo-Geo. I remember buying the Famicom version of Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse with the adapter that summer before the NA version came out later that fall.

That was a pricey store but they had every game possible.
Oh I remember that store, pretty sure I visited that place a couple of times before. Back in the 90s there were quite a few game stores north of 401 selling import stuff. There was one in Malvern Town Centre just outside of No Frills, they had all the latest Neo Geo games available, it was quite a scene especially during the absolute peak of arcade fighting games.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I also still have each of these. Still think SNES is the best console of all time.

That NES model 2 sold for over $100 a few years back.
Have to agree with you about the SNES.

My NES model 2 is a Japanese versions that allows for the AV cables. The US one only allowed for RF connection.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Have to agree with you about the SNES.

My NES model 2 is a Japanese versions that allows for the AV cables. The US one only allowed for RF connection.
Yeah I always thought about modding mine to do that. It's not a horribly complicated modification.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I’m going to be honest.

Nice pool.

And actual Muskoka Springs Vodka Soda >>> Kirkland knockoff.
They didn't sell Muskoka Springs in Florida.
I was just taking a break from beer or more likely my wife/daughters gave a something different .

We spent $800 at Costco to stock the house when we arrived, someone must have thrown a case of Kirkland in the cart to try it. Too fizzy and sweet for me but I'm more a old school Vodka Soda with Lime drinker if not having beer or wine. I'm sweet enough apparently.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Confirmed

Jen Botterill does not get it!

And likely never will.

So why is she still doing NHL hockey?
Agreed. I rarely pay attention during intermissions but whenever I happen to watch ... I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone in the Toronto Sports Media who is cringeworthy as often as she is. Wait I got it - Carlo Coliacovo, those two are a perfect pair!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad