Proposal: Off Season Trade Thread vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2010
Garrioch mentions the Blues as a possible place for Jason.

What kind of package could we realistically ask for?

Shattenkirk and Berglund?

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
Agree with the bolded. I really believe the biggest mistake made early on was getting rid of Jacques Martin. Yes, his style was boring, but another year or two of teaching a good two-way game would've done wonders for all of our kids at the time, not just Spezza.

I agree with this a lot. Another thing in my opinion that we've seemed to also lost from that era is effective player development. At least at the AHL level that seems to have improved with Richardson in Bingo, but it seems to be lacking at the NHL level.

Oct 10, 2010
Never was a fan of Martin.

He would dress a bunch of ballerinas if he could.

All his teams were extremely soft.

maybe him as an assistant coach would make sense.

John Holmes*

Funny those "boring" teams were great to watch. Jacques style wasn't boring at all.

His only weakness was his unwillingness to adapt in the playoffs, and of course always having ****** goalies.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
Under martin we had four maybe five line brawls. Philly, La, Boston, all the shenanigans with the leafs, and probably another team that I'm forgetting, sure the game was different but they would certainly beat our team down. Fisher, Chara, Neil, Andre Roy, Rob Ray, Varada, Phillips. Don't know if they were all on the team at the same time but that's a pretty tough group.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
If Spezza is dealt to St Louis i hope we get back a 1st round pick and a young mid range player plus a vet.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Garrioch mentions the Blues as a possible place for Jason.

What kind of package could we realistically ask for?

Shattenkirk and Berglund?

I think the package would hopefully center around either Shattenkirk or Schwartz as the center piece of a deal. But we won't get both. I would personally prefer Schwartz, but would be happy to get either.

If we land Schwartz, getting a 1st would also be solid. I'd also be happy to get a d-man like Cole, who has been in tough cracking their top 4.

If we land Shattenkirk, getting Berglund would be great, but might need to settle for Rattie or Jaskin or their 1st. Might even better to land Rattie or their 1st (in the hands of our scouts).

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I think Murray will insist on Schwartz.

We wanted him in the draft , and traded our pick away when he was taken.

Even if Ottawa had to add something as part of a bigger package, I think Schwartz would be an amazing pick up.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
I think Murray will insist on Schwartz.

We wanted him in the draft , and traded our pick away when he was taken.

Even if Ottawa had to add something as part of a bigger package, I think Schwartz would be an amazing pick up.

It might the type of young player you could use as the face of the team going forward.

J-Dog

Mar 2, 2007
Ottawa
I really doubt St. Louis would trade Schwartz for Spezza. They know what they have in him and he already plays top 3 minutes out of their forwards (20 mins a night). He has amazing hockey sense and can do it all. I think he'll be a 70-80 pt player sooner than later.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Never was a fan of Martin.

He would dress a bunch of ballerinas if he could.

All his teams were extremely soft.

maybe him as an assistant coach would make sense.

that's nonsense.
sometimes you work with the type of players that have been drafted, that hardly means he didnt want hard nose play.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
It might the type of young player you could use as the face of the team going forward.

A forward core of Turris, Ryan, MacArthur, Zibanejad, Schwartz, Stone and Hoffman could be very exciting to watch for years to come.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
I really doubt St. Louis would trade Schwartz for Spezza. They know what they have in him and he already plays top 3 minutes out of their forwards (20 mins a night). He has amazing hockey sense and can do it all. I think he'll be a 70-80 pt player sooner than later.

Depends has St Louis is looking at things if they want to go far in the play offs it might be a gamble they will make.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, agreed. Almost no way they would deal him. He's exactly the type of player they need for the future, with or without Spezza.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
There has been manyd eals over the years where fans say no way that team will move a certain player and they have.

Its certainly possible... I just think the Blues have enough other pieces that it wouldnt necessarily be Jayden. Although we do know that Murray likes him, if he was available at 16th overall we would have drafted him instead of dealing the pick for Rundblad.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I bet the Blues wish they held on to Stewart now. He'd likely seal any Spezza trade, but instead they shipped him out for a couple of rentals that didn't do a thing for them.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think Schwartz can be an Eberle, just not tainted by Oil. I'd much rather him than Shattenkirk, who doesn't really bring anything we need.

Blues will likely offer up Berglund and Come who they don't want and some middling prospect. Not a Jaskin or Rattie. Something not as appealing.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Don't tell Blues fans we want Schwartz, christ.

They don't really seem too keen on parting with any of their guys that are constantly part of first round exits.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
Don't tell Blues fans we want Schwartz, christ.

They don't really seem too keen on parting with any of their guys that are constantly part of first round exits.

There going to have to part with one of there key players you don't get something for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad