Proposal: Off Season Trade Thread vol. III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fuhr*

Dreaming if you think the Blues are going to move Schwartz...

Hitchcock loves both him and Tarasenko as the building blocks for offense moving forward

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Dreaming if you think the Blues are going to move Schwartz...

Hitchcock loves both him and Tarasenko as the building blocks for offense moving forward

Perhaps, or perhaps not.

Either way, it's why Murray will hopefully have multiple suitors interested in making a deal in June, so that if they don't offer a key piece like Schwartz, you can turn around and deal with a team that will. If the Blues are the only one at the table, they definitely won't have to give up a Schwartz.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Funny those "boring" teams were great to watch. Jacques style wasn't boring at all.

His only weakness was his unwillingness to adapt in the playoffs, and of course always having ****** goalies.

I kind of half agree. I wouldn't exactly call Martin a boring coach, but he certainly did expect his team to play a solid system. All that structure helps limited teams have success, but when his teams became more skilled he didn't give them the freedom to do their thing, he insisted on the structure.

That and his inability to make adjust in the playoffs.

The team being soft, and never having a goalie was the gm's fault not his.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I think the package would hopefully center around either Shattenkirk or Schwartz as the center piece of a deal. But we won't get both. I would personally prefer Schwartz, but would be happy to get either.

If we land Schwartz, getting a 1st would also be solid. I'd also be happy to get a d-man like Cole, who has been in tough cracking their top 4.

If we land Shattenkirk, getting Berglund would be great, but might need to settle for Rattie or Jaskin or their 1st. Might even better to land Rattie or their 1st (in the hands of our scouts).

Why would we want their crappy forwards who collapse in the playoffs and can't score?

This team needs defense, and they have two who are very good.

The loss of Spezza's production will easily be made up by an increase in Zibanejad, Turris, Ryan and Stone; without the horrible +-.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The thing is they have played better when he is out of the line up.

Lock out season? We did better with Karlsson on the shelf too. Hell, Tampa did better with Stamkos out.

We weren't better without Spezza. Look at those games against Carolina and the Isles down the stretch. We played a pair of AHL teams and barely managed to score a goal. It was pathetic.

We're probably better without a damaged Spezza and a guy like Da Costa in, but not a healthy or even 85% Spezza, who is still one of the elite offensive players in the league. His production isn't replaceable. Once Spezza was in form, he carried us down the stretch along with Hemsky flanking him. We could have one of the more dominant offensive lines in hockey but we're about to let that walk away and get scraps like Berglund in return.

I think we'll talk about this decision the way we talk about Chara/Redden, Havlat, Heatley/Hossa in a few years. This is the type of franchise defining move that we'll all fume at when other fans bring it up.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Lock out season? We did better with Karlsson on the shelf too. Hell, Tampa did better with Stamkos out.

We weren't better without Spezza. Look at those games against Carolina and the Isles down the stretch. We played a pair of AHL teams and barely managed to score a goal. It was pathetic.

We're probably better without a damaged Spezza and a guy like Da Costa in, but not a healthy or even 85% Spezza, who is still one of the elite offensive players in the league. His production isn't replaceable. Once Spezza was in form, he carried us down the stretch along with Hemsky flanking him. We could have one of the more dominant offensive lines in hockey but we're about to let that walk away and get scraps like Berglund in return.

I think we'll talk about this decision the way we talk about Chara/Redden, Havlat, Heatley/Hossa in a few years.

Those two games where they had 19029 chances to score, but couldn't because they kept passing back and forth to each other, mostly because Hemsky and Zibanejad had never played together? That shouldn't worry you.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014

I think we'll talk about this decision the way we talk about Chara/Redden, Havlat, Heatley/Hossa in a few years.

He won't be traded for scraps they very well could be in better shape and its better for Jason as well.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Also have to add in the 25-16-4 record from the shortened season w/o Spezza

Also without Karlsson, are we a better team with him out of the lineup as well?

Last years team wasn't good; we Leafed our way to victory most nights by relying on disgustingly good goaltending and couldn't buy a goal.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He won't be traded for scraps they very well could be in better shape and its better for Jason as well.

Well, see I don't agree with that at all. Take a look at the history of star players getting moved and what they return. What makes it worse, by making a commitment to Spezza, we could have had Hemsky as well, who is better than anything that Spezza will return in a trade.

The only way I see us getting anything decent for Spez, is in the form of picks. We get a good prospect in the '14 or '15 draft who can help us in 4-5 years when the current core needs to be shipped out or replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad