GDT: Preseason Game 2: Devils @ Canadiens - 7 P.M.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The other team was icing more than like 3-4 regulars. Talent can sometimes overcome stuff like that. They also had two less penalties.

The Habs had a full 2 minute 5-on-3, with a Siegenthaler in the box for it, and a PP1 unit with NHL regulars (Caulfield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky-Matheson).

The board would’ve lost it’s mind if the roles were reversed and our top guys couldn’t do jack squat with 2 minutes of 5-on-3 vs the Laval Rockets.

The one disappointment is that the Utica Comets didn’t get more shots on Hughes, the Habs had more jump at the end.

Well that and Hatakka being an intriguing tease who is incapable of staying healthy.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_9353.gif

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Honestly I wouldn't expect that game to be a win given how 2nd tier-ed that lineup was. It was a shell of a team.

That being said, I would have liked to see some goals just to find out who can rise to the challenge playing in a roster like that.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Honestly I wouldn't expect that game to be a win given how 2nd tier-ed that lineup was. It was a shell of a team.

That being said, I would have liked to see some goals just to find out who can rise to the challenge playing in a roster like that.

Your answer is no one. I guess we have to wait for Gritz.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Labanc and Halonen couldn’t convert but both were getting a lot of good looks

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Labanc and Halonen couldn’t convert but both were getting a lot of good looks
Halonen was somewhat unlucky on his stint up here last season. I remmeber him missing a huge goal opportunity right before our playoffs hope were dashed.

Those are the two id expect to be more of a highlight, with Labanc and his experience already.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
The Rangers game will be a full Utica lineup. Not even a mostly one like tonight. So winning that would be pretty funny.
At home or MSG? Gotta dress some of your stars when playing at home or charge your STH and whatever actual "walk up" or day of ticket buyers AHL prices. Of course that isn't going to happen but, it should.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
At home or MSG? Gotta dress some of your stars when playing at home or charge your STH and whatever actual "walk up" or day of ticket buyers AHL prices. Of course that isn't going to happen but, it should.

I mean the stars are going to be in a completely different part of the world by then

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Give me the short synopsis of what I missed tonight

Team played as expected - couldn't really create much on offense but had a reasonably strong defense. Killed penalties well. PP1 was a train wreck but that's to be expected when it was something like Nemec-?-Cotter-Dowling-Bastian, but PP2 had Labanc and Casey and was making things happen.
Casey was the standout player, the league is going to catch on to some of what he does but he is extremely good at buying more time for himself both with his legs and his brain.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Team played as expected - couldn't really create much on offense but had a reasonably strong defense. Killed penalties well. PP1 was a train wreck but that's to be expected when it was something like Nemec-?-Cotter-Dowling-Bastian, but PP2 had Labanc and Casey and was making things happen.
Casey was the standout player, the league is going to catch on to some of what he does but he is extremely good at buying more time for himself both with his legs and his brain.

I feel like Casey’s also playing it intentionally safe for now and when he gets more comfortable at this level he’ll bring some more offense

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

With variable pricing these games are the lowest tier pricing for STHs and Ticketmaster tickets are only $15. It's the Ticketmaster fees that make it more expensive for the people buying through there.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I watched some of the game. Didn't recognize many jersey numbers. Looks like Utica more than the devils. I was hoping to see Jack with Temo and Mercer.

*The Comets lost.

Any official updates on Santeri Hatakka?

Yea tonight you should be able to see Jack and the rest of the big guns. I watched more of last night's game than I thought I would.

Have not seen an update on Hatakka, hope its nothing serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad