GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I mean, I get his point. Why would you want the #1 defenseman on a Stanley Cup winning team, a team that was also #1 in both the regular season and playoffs in defensive metrics. Nvm. I don't get his point at all.

You don't understand. He doesn't have a BOUCHblast.
Nor does he play on the powerplay with the #1 player in the world to rack up numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
needed to sign him before the trade. Dude has all the leverage in the world now. With reports of what Shesterkin wants next year, I would sign a one year deal if I were Swayman
Yeah wouldve figured a deal was in place with them shuffling off ullmark.
No arbitration by either party, but this has been goin on pretty long

Really hilarious if theyre stuck with korpisalo and bussi

Reactions: harv33173

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
it aint no prime Kompon unit, but seems decent
1721332514647.jpeg

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
What's the problem with Forsling's contract? lol The Panthers have a #1D signed for 5.75Mx8

Oh, that top ten D thread? There are people out there who think Crosscheck Charlie McAvoy is one of the top 5 D in the NHL. You can't argue with those people. You can just laugh when he has another playoff meltdown and his face gains another ring of puffiness from the credit cards he's been eating.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
If you haven’t had a chance to check out Stammer’s goodbye article I think it’s really worth it. I hope Barky doesn’t have to write something like this, ever.

I honestly kind of hate when athletes cry about not being able to stay with their team. Stamkos has >$100M in career earnings already, and that's before any sponsorship dollars that he probably raked in through his career. If he wants to go earn more money, that's cool, his choice, but its not like he couldn't stay in Tampa if he really wanted to retire there.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I honestly kind of hate when athletes cry about not being able to stay with their team. Stamkos has >$100M in career earnings already, and that's before any sponsorship dollars that he probably raked in through his career. If he wants to go earn more money, that's cool, his choice, but its not like he couldn't stay in Tampa if he really wanted to retire there.
He got $8M x 4 from Nashville. I don’t think anyone knows what the Tampa offer was, but I don’t imagine it was all that close, not $7M x 3 for example. I’m more inclined to think they lowballed the salary and the years, and decided to invest in Guentzel instead. I think Stamkos would have been a wiser choice at something like $7 x 3, he’s coming off a great year, still has the touch and step, and because Guentzel really isn’t a difference maker like he’s now getting paid for. He’s not the level of Reinhart for example IMO.

The dynamics would not have been right for the team (and therefore for future good players on the team) if Stamkos had taken something like $4 x 4. He still would have been a top 3 forward for Tampa after Kuch and Point. Again, JMO, and I’m pretty sure Zito won’t do that with Barky. But I guess we’ll see.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
He got $8M x 4 from Nashville. I don’t think anyone knows what the Tampa offer was, but I don’t imagine it was all that close, not $7M x 3 for example. I’m more inclined to think they lowballed the salary and the years, and decided to invest in Guentzel instead. I think Stamkos would have been a wiser choice at something like $7 x 3, he’s coming off a great year, still has the touch and step, and because Guentzel really isn’t a difference maker like he’s now getting paid for. He’s not the level of Reinhart for example IMO.

The dynamics would not have been right for the team (and therefore for future good players on the team) if Stamkos had taken something like $4 x 4. He still would have been a top 3 forward for Tampa after Kuch and Point. Again, JMO, and I’m pretty sure Zito won’t do that with Barky. But I guess we’ll see.
thought i saw something like 3mil offered but idk if legit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad