GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

He obviously hasn’t seen Hellebuyck in the playoffs when the pressure is greater. Not to mention no Barkov and shit if you need clutch you need Verhaeghe. But overall his list makes me

IMG_4187.gif

Reactions: PSLguy

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Draisaitl, Nylander, Robertson, Matthews, Panarin… I didn’t even bothered to watch the defensemen or the goalies after that terrible forwards-list ! Those five guys must be the five most boring f***ing losers… I wouldn’t even take them for a street-hockey game with my nephews…

OP is just suicidal and want this universe to vanish.

A Rangers fan not picking Igor ? Okay, why did we bother bringing that stupid tweet again ??

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Draisaitl, Nylander, Robertson, Matthews, Panarin… I didn’t even bothered to watch the defensemen or the goalies after that terrible forwards-list ! Those five guys must be the five most boring f***ing losers… I wouldn’t even take them for a street-hockey game with my nephews…

OP is just suicidal and want this universe to vanish.

A Rangers fan not picking Igor ? Okay, why did we bother bringing that stupid tweet again ??

I think Batting put it up there so us unknowledgeable southern fans could “LEARN HOCKEY” he’s always looking out for us.

Last edited:

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Shesterkin is literally the best goaltender in the last 3 playoffs combined. If I have a team that is very good 5v5 unlike the current Rangers and still has a lot of cap space, I could imagine even giving him 12M$ solely because of that

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
No Barkov? I thought he was FINALLY going to leave the most underrated category? LOL
It’s funny in every sport during the playoffs defense matters the most. In baseball its pitching, football, basketball, hockey you see the high scoring teams become very ineffective when the come up against a team that plays great defense. But for some reason every year everybody falls in love with the high scoring teams. Look at the Panthers when they won the presidents trophy. As soon as they ran into Vasy and the Lightning defense they were done. I’d rather have the 80-90 point guy that plays like Barkov than the guy who scores 120 and then becomes invisible in the playoffs. Unlike in the regular season over a 7 game series the other team can focus on shutting down those high scoring guys. It’s weird how it happens almost every year.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Players who can produce a lot of points in the regular season are valuable no matter what. They get your team into the playoffs. It's true that the game tightens up considerably in the postseason -- guys are just plain trying harder -- but you still need talented guys who can create points. That'll always be very valuable.

Especially for teams that are not serious contenders, having those extra 30-40 points in the regular season can be huge. Obviously, the ideal for a team like the Panthers is to find guys who can still produce some points when things tighten up in the postseason while being able to provide that strong two-way game, but for a team like Minnesota, Kaprizov producing 96 points with tomato cans for teammates is the only thing keeping your team watchable.

I think one of the most telling comments I saw all season was that interview with some Penguins player about which team he hates the most, and he responded that it was the Panthers. He said it sucked to play a regular season game in November against guys who were out there actually hustling and hitting the shit out of him.

And that's the difference between regular season hockey and playoff hockey. Fringe guys try hard for 82 games, the rest of 'em don't.

305Pantera

Jun 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
It’s funny in every sport during the playoffs defense matters the most. In baseball its pitching, football, basketball, hockey you see the high scoring teams become very ineffective when the come up against a team that plays great defense. But for some reason every year everybody falls in love with the high scoring teams. Look at the Panthers when they won the presidents trophy. As soon as they ran into Vasy and the Lightning defense they were done. I’d rather have the 80-90 point guy that plays like Barkov than the guy who scores 120 and then becomes invisible in the playoffs. Unlike in the regular season over a 7 game series the other team can focus on shutting down those high scoring guys. It’s weird how it happens almost every year.
Defense wins champions is a cliche FOR A REASON! Couldn't agree more with your statement. I'm big on this sentiment in general, drives me nuts that all the major leagues are doing everything they can to up scoring in hopes of driving viewership. For me a low scoring game is just as exciting.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Kuznetsov to the K

Man, Carolina looks rough. They are gonna win games and still make the playoffs based solely on Brind'Amour's beat the f*** out of you attitude.

I don't think there's much chance Carolina misses the playoffs, but they really look like they're on the decline right now. We'll see, not counting them out just yet.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Other than this guy being a complete Edmontonian idiot (excuse the redundancy) regarding Forsling’s play level, his numbers are also totally f***ed up. Fors was signed for $46M/8yrs, $5.75M AAV. Also he just turned 28. Seems to be a good deal, cheap for the Panthers the first 4-5 years, about right the next 1-2 years, perhaps a bit much the last 1-2 years (but who cares then or even now we already got the Cup while this idiot’s team didn’t).

Ad

Ad

Ad