GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

SCHMIDDYYYYYY

He really really wanted to be with PoMo.. This might be awesome.

Bro no shit, I am hyped for next season already. Didnt think it was possible this soon. But Nate is f***in fired up

The wahoo got me dead

Just saw it too ! Man, Nate is dynamite !!

I’m so pumped up too !!! Like WTF ? loool

That guy is gonna be so much better than OEL, it won’t even be funny ! lol

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

SCHMIDDYYYYYY

Bro no shit, I am hyped for next season already. Didnt think it was possible this soon. But Nate is f***in fired up

The wahoo got me dead

Looks like they found a guy to replace Montour’s sense of humor. Still feels weird being a destination for free agents.

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
Hmm, guess plucking Forsling off waiver wire doesn't count for someone who couldn't make an NHL roster (the Blackhawks) turning out ok.
He was off Carolina. How many waiver wire players haven't turned into forslings? Juulsen was picked up at the same time. Why isn't bjornfot being penciled in the lineup?

Reactions: harv33173

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He was off Carolina. How many waiver wire players haven't turned into forslings? Juulsen was picked up at the same time. Why isn't bjornfot being penciled in the lineup?
Juulsen is a regular in Vancouver now, I thought we gave up on him too soon.

I assume they will rotate the bottom pairing like the start of last season, to find Kuli his best partner.

Boqvist, Balinskis, Bjornfot.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

He has a better track-record as a defensive defenseman than OEL, and is a pretty good puck-mover too… Won’t have the presence on the PP though…

He has a goofy-attitude and great character. Will replace some of Cousins and Montour…

He has always been a great defensive defenseman, amazing competitor and he brings swagger… His motivation looks contagious.

Sounds like Paul really wanted him, and Bill too ! He will fit right in !

I was worried we were losing some of our character… Looks like he will have a place in this lockerroom and bring some of that attitude.

We need gamers ! He is one.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
He didn’t mention GoldenEye in his top 3 N64 games. Nate seems kinda fishy to me. 🤨

Neither Majora or Ocarina… SHAME.

Pretty hard to go against the Mario titles he went with ! lol

They are all classics and some of the most fun I had playing video games !!

Reminds me though that I was the only kid in the neighborhood with a 007 on my GoldenEye cardbridge and a champion on « Licence to Kill » mode, pistols only…

And yes… I DID WATCH your screen to get those kills ! What do you think I am, a f***ing idiot ?

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
You think Schmidt can get Ekblad on his cycle? Imagine a jacked Ekblad.
9DE9C839-E680-4EFF-9410-378BE8D1F71F.jpeg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
puckpedia says both are RFA.
Both RFAs according to Puckpedia

Capwages has them both as UFA and reading the UFA/RFA rules, I'm not really sure their status.

Adam, he was bought out, which made him a UFA so we picked him up. Aside from the buyout, he doesn't fall under any of the other categories to be a UFA, but its unclear to me if he maintains UFA status going forward.

Jesper, he didn't get a qualifying offer last year so became a UFA. Picked up by Boston on a one-year deal and didn't re-sign with them, became a UFA again. So I think he actually stays UFA and makes me wonder if that's the same for Adam.

At least for Jesper, Puckpedia I'm pretty sure is wrong.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Capwages has them both as UFA and reading the UFA/RFA rules, I'm not really sure their status.

Adam, he was bought out, which made him a UFA so we picked him up. Aside from the buyout, he doesn't fall under any of the other categories to be a UFA, but its unclear to me if he maintains UFA status going forward.

Jesper, he didn't get a qualifying offer last year so became a UFA. Picked up by Boston on a one-year deal and didn't re-sign with them, became a UFA again. So I think he actually stays UFA and makes me wonder if that's the same for Adam.

psure adam is an RFA and jesper is a UFA
Puckpedia lists adam as both though so lol

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

SCHMIDDYYYYYY

The wahoo got me dead

Nate seems like a real character too. Should fit in nicely in the room too

Why do I feel like Ekblad and Schmidt gonna be buddies.. Goofy Ekky wibes

Last edited:

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site

That's a really good question. Not sure what happens after either a buyout or a non-QO situation. Both will have only 6 years of service so they'd normally both become RFAs. I sent a message to GR in the hopes he has a better idea (or can ask someone in the know).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad