Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition II - Winter Meeting Madness

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Moreno is still a prospect.. Hes got great potential, would have loved to keep him but this is also our window to win and Jansen and Kirk are known commodities. I wasn't huge on the trading a catcher theory for the sake of it.. But the fact he can play outfield and has speed helps. I expect another move or 2 now.

Just saw Lourdes was involved.... Hopefully more coming back or im not enjoying the trade.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm not the biggest Moreno fan - I think his lack of power will limit his value and upside - but I think he should have been enough without adding Gurriel.

Nice to see something finally happen though ... even if the team was desperate after so many other options fell through.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Gurriel struggles in the field and he gets injured often. Lost some power last year. I don't like giving up Moreno and him though.

Moreno has excellent potential and if he reaches it he's likely going to be one of the top players in the league. Would have wanted more than Varsho.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Baseball values seems to heavily favour the Jays on this one... And since the Jays traded Gurriel, they still have room to add another OFer. Varsho could also play some catcher so the Jays do not even need to add anyone all that great to be a 3rd catcher (if at all).

Jays defense should be excellent next year at least.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
This trade makes the team better especially defensively. But it is bad value and an overpay.

Would be interesting to see what else they do.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
According to baseball trade values, the Jays made out like bandits.

And saved a few $$$

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Varsho is a good add. Price is an overpayment but atleast they trade a top prospect for once that was tracking well, and not ones that were struggling. Still looks like a desperation deal

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I mean, I love it from a team construction aspect. We turned our dogshit outfield defense into likely the best outfield in baseball. Moreno kinda hurts to lose but hes still just a prospect and we added a legit Left handed batter into the lineup.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
According to baseball trade values, the Jays made out like bandits.

And saved a few $$$

For what it’s worth;

1671830102524.jpeg

Carroll was at 77. Would have preferred that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad