Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition 5.0 - The Winter Meeting Chronicles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
would have to say however until 1 of the bigger guys report anything on it we have to remember that EE is signing for 5 years 115 million with the Astros.

At least this guy has a checkmark and over 20k followers

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
can we do a defense offense platoon? Because I'd be good with Jay Bruce on the offense side of one of those

Bruce-Upton would be a good platoon to use in one of the corner outfield spots. While potentially giving Pompey the other open spot.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Yay we're gonna get Jay Bruce :(

The Mets openly admitting they need to clear payroll and the rumours that interest in Bruce is limited (as it should be) is starting to make me interested. I like him as a platoon with Upton, but the price is crazy... I'm starting to wonder if the Mets might be more open to a Liriano-type trade where they throw in a decent prospect or two to clear his salary.

If that's the case, and if taking on his salary doesn't prohibit taking on more salary to add Edwin or another good OF, I'm in.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Source: Ben Revere on his way to Toronto to take a physical tomorrow. Source confirms he was running and not because he was late for his flight but because he doesn't know how to walk :sarcasm:

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Expected tbh, Toronto has a tough time attracting free agents even when you factor in how the team performed in the past two years.

I am perfectly happy with that as long as he is platooned.

Not sure I'm comfortable with him given how atrocious he is on D (I don't buy the "improvement" with the Mets seeing as they moved his positioning, and it's unreliable in determining if he will see the same kind of improvement in Rogers Center).

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This is just Fowler's way of giving the Jays 1 last chance to up their offer? Please?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
ahhh little do we know they're doing a physical on him in joint venture with the jays because they're closer to where he is :naughty:

:sarcasm:

Nah I was thinking more, agreeing to do a physical with the Cards and leak it to up pressure on the Jays and give then a night to increase our offer but physicals usually happen after agreements are made so probably not.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I would've liked Fowler too, although now it makes me thing we're even closer to re-signing EE or JB...

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean I wasn't jumping up and down about Fowler but we have a big hole in the outfield and there is honestly nothing else out there that is attractive at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad