Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition 5.0 - The Winter Meeting Chronicles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Barry Davis >>> Hazel Mae.

Never understood why Sportsnet made this huge deal over Hazel. They hyped her to all hell to be their 6pm sportsnet person, essentially Sportsnet's match to Gino Reda.

That didn't work at all, and now they essentially dumped a very good reporter in Barry Davis to give the Jays to her.

Makes no sense.

barry and hazel are both not very good. Hazel talks far to loud into the mic it's really off putting.

I remember the ads for Hazel's return "opinions? i got a few" oh do you? everyone has opinions there is a saying that goes with it. I change the channel immediately when hazel starts interviewing (big papi etc)

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Barry Davis >>> Hazel Mae.

Never understood why Sportsnet made this huge deal over Hazel. They hyped her to all hell to be their 6pm sportsnet person, essentially Sportsnet's match to Gino Reda.

That didn't work at all, and now they essentially dumped a very good reporter in Barry Davis to give the Jays to her.

Makes no sense.

Neither did getting rid of AA & Beeston at the time, but then again Rogers own both the Blue Jays & Sportsnet, so there's your answer. :D

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
More and more it's looking like we'll NEED him back, or a Fowler type to keep up with the rest of the division the way the AL East is beginning to shape up for 2017.

Yes, it's nice to see that we'll probably be fighting Tampa Bay for 3rd in the division at this point.

Any time now, Shap/Atk. Any time.

remember when we won the off season a few years ago? that years world series was great wasn't it

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
remember when we won the off season a few years ago? that years world series was great wasn't it

So I guess by this logic we're going to win the world series in 2017 since our off-season has been a complete diaper drop compared to the rest of the AL East thus far?:sarcasm:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
it's not even close.

barry is dumb, ignorant about baseball, and has the most inane interviews of all time.

hazel is a pro - smart, knows her ****, and is an excellent interviewer.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
it's not even close.

barry is dumb, ignorant about baseball, and has the most inane interviews of all time.

But his post season celebration eye-protection is too-legit-to-quit! :laugh:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
So I guess by this logic we're going to win the world series in 2017 since our off-season has been a complete diaper drop compared to the rest of the AL East thus far?:sarcasm:

almost like 162 games need to be played then playoffs to decide the world series winner and not signing and trading for a bunch of players, who knew?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
it's not even close.

Both are fine for their respective positions. There are far worse when you watch local broadcasts around the league.

The only thing that grinds my gears is what Hazel does at the end of almost every player interview. She does like an information dump of stats while the player is still standing there.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
It's an above average hitting lineup, with elite defense.
It's the SkyDome.
We need someone to hit homers over the left field wall.

4 WAR deficit - but haven't replaced EE's contributions yet.
4 WAR in free agency is 4 x 8.5/WAR = 34 million ?
Do we have that much to spend ?

It's been solidly reported from numerous sources, publicly agreed to by EE's agent, and not denied by our FO.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad