Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition 5.0 - The Winter Meeting Chronicles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
and an actual cornerstone to build around offensively (Donaldson)

I really hope you aren't getting attached to Donaldson; I'd put the likelihood of them resigning 33 year old Donaldson for $175-200+ million at under 5%. He will be shopped a ~year from now.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Saying the fans don't like Bautista as a reason for not having interest is probably just Duquette deflecting from the real issue (clubhouse).

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Non-player related regarding the winter meetings, but watching Sportsnet's coverage...boy did they wipe their hands clean of Barry Davis quickly after announcing he would be reassigned. Hazel Mae is now carrying the load.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Idk why GMs are ******** themselves over the Nationals trade (assuming the tweets are true). Eaton has 5 years on a cost controlled contract left if his two options are exercised, is at a good age (28), a good contact hitter, great defensive player. They had to give up quality to get Eaton in return.

Now they're gonna need a closer. Jansen is likely set to the Marlins, Melancon is gone, and lol if they think they can get Chapman.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Did I miss something about Barry?

Throughout the year his role was evidently reduced with Hazel Mae sharing the duties. After the season ended I believe a note came out saying that Davis will no longer cover the Jays and was going to be reassigned.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Wasn't there a rumor he had $92M locked up and was going for $100M+?

I know we don't have the term of that $92M deal but still...

There definitely was.

Perhaps it was just his agent trying to squeeze a little extra.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
This offseason has been free and wild. Record breaking contracts, insane amount of top flight prospects being traded and known offensive powerhouse hitters unsigned....what's missing?

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
This offseason has been free and wild. Record breaking contracts, insane amount of top flight prospects being traded and known offensive powerhouse hitters unsigned....what's missing?

Maybe just wait? Edwin, Trumbo and Bautista are still going to get their money.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Barry Davis >>> Hazel Mae.

Never understood why Sportsnet made this huge deal over Hazel. They hyped her to all hell to be their 6pm sportsnet person, essentially Sportsnet's match to Gino Reda.

That didn't work at all, and now they essentially dumped a very good reporter in Barry Davis to give the Jays to her.

Makes no sense.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Shatkins is really starting to play hardball with EE if he's going to re-sign him :laugh:

More and more it's looking like we'll NEED him back, or a Fowler type to keep up with the rest of the division the way the AL East is beginning to shape up for 2017.

Nice to see other teams in the Division improving. Pearce will put us over the edge imo. :sarcasm:

Yes, it's nice to see that we'll probably be fighting Tampa Bay for 3rd in the division at this point.

Any time now, Shap/Atk. Any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad