OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
And sadly, maybe losing out on a lottery pick is what it takes for the organization to turn a leaf. That would signal that the GM isn't good enough, the core isn't good enough, and real changes need to be made for the team to succeed. My only fear is that JR is a gunslinger as it is, I cannot imagine what he would be like if he knew his job was on the line. We wouldn't have 1st round picks until 2032.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Honestly, the day Rutherford brought Jack Johnsons contract to ownership he should have been FIRED ON THE SPOT. Some of us (go back through the posts) said that was the end, and, it was.

Furthermore, we won the Stanley Cup WITHOUT KRIS LETANG. Letang played the best season of his career in 2016. You MOVE HIM in 2017. Period. After that second cup letang should have been GONE.

Reactions: Ryder71

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Until they start the smear campaign when they want to run him out of town haha
Haha definitely. Hopefully, he doesn’t leave his equipment on his driveway like Horny.

How dare you, Horny.
200.gif

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
When they trade Kapanen for their new jack Tanner Pearson I'm sure lots of gambling and drinking problems will suddenly come to light.
They're gonna trade Petts, Rust, or McCann if anyone's dealt this season. Pretty certain of that.

Not that I'd be torn up over losing any of the three. I have a sneaking suspicion that JR won't make any big trades in-season though, and that ownership is waiting to see how things play out this year before inevitably cleaning house when we miss the playoffs or are dumpstered in the 1st round again.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The last thread got closed before I could respond, but I for the life of me can't understand how people are trying to go light on Jarry for how he has played. The dude literally has a .333 save% on high danger chances right now, that's comically bad. The Penguins are in the middle of the pack so far this year in terms of HDCA/60, people are only noticing them right now because Jarry's literally not stopping any of them.

After all of the crap Murray got here for years, I have no clue why people are trying to coddle Jarry right now. The Penguins are playing worse defensively this year than they did last year, but it has gone from "elite" to "mediocre" in terms of giving up dangerous chances. Frankly, it's not even that much worse either, they were at They're getting burned much worse right now because their goalie literally can't make a save on any dangerous chance.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They're gonna trade Petts, Rust, or McCann if anyone's dealt this season. Pretty certain of that.

Not that I'd be torn up over losing any of the three. I have a sneaking suspicion that JR won't make any big trades in-season though, and that ownership is waiting to see how things play out this year before inevitably cleaning house when we miss the playoffs or are dumpstered in the 1st round again.

Oh I don't actually think they trade him. It wouldn't make much sense.

So yeah maybe they do trade him.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
The last thread got closed before I could respond, but I for the life of me can't understand how people are trying to go light on Jarry for how he has played. The dude literally has a .333 save% on high danger chances right now, that's comically bad. The Penguins are in the middle of the pack so far this year in terms of HDCA/60, people are only noticing them right now because Jarry's literally not stopping any of them.

After all of the crap Murray got here for years, I have no clue why people are trying to coddle Jarry right now. The Penguins are playing worse defensively this year than they did last year, but it has gone from "elite" to "mediocre" in terms of giving up dangerous chances. They're getting burned much worse right now because their goalie literally can't make a save on any dangerous chance.
Because MM hurt the feelings of their FLOWER and stole his job!!11!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

After all of the crap Murray got here for years, I have no clue why people are trying to coddle Jarry right now. The Penguins are playing worse defensively this year than they did last year, but it has gone from "elite" to "mediocre" in terms of giving up dangerous chances. They're getting burned much worse right now because their goalie literally can't make a save on any dangerous chance.

Jarry has been bad but our team D has been horrorawful . No one really gets a pass mark at all except L3, Pettersson and DeSmith.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Oh I don't actually think they trade him. It wouldn't make much sense.

So yeah maybe they do trade him.
Nah, look at the price JR paid for Kap to come back. The dude adores Kap, for better or worse.

Though, he did trade JJ once and then ultimately bought him out. A dude he took #3 overall and signed for an eternity after a decade-plus of evidence that he was a downright putrid player, so who knows?

Man, I wish we'd just cleaned house in the FO and behind the bench after the Isles series. We'd be in such a better spot.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

After all of the crap Murray got here for years, I have no clue why people are trying to coddle Jarry right now. The Penguins are playing worse defensively this year than they did last year, but it has gone from "elite" to "mediocre" in terms of giving up dangerous chances. Frankly, it's not even that much worse either, they were at They're getting burned much worse right now because their goalie literally can't make a save on any dangerous chance.

Jesus f***ing Christ make a save Murray!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jarry has been bad but our team D has been horrorawful . No one really gets a pass mark at all except L3, Pettersson and DeSmith.

I really wonder what the perception of the Penguins as a team defensively would be right now if Jarry was capable of making a stop on those chances.

You can not believe the analytics, I'm not trying to say they're right or wrong. But right now, the Penguins currently have an xGA/60 of 1.66 at 5v5. Their actual GA/60 is 4.5. You notice the flaws with their defense because they keep leading to goals against, but are you noticing the defensive breakdowns because they're happening a ton or because Jarry's not capable of stopping any of them? Analytics suggest the 2nd is more true than the 1st.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Honestly, the day Rutherford brought Jack Johnsons contract to ownership he should have been FIRED ON THE SPOT. Some of us (go back through the posts) said that was the end, and, it was.

Furthermore, we won the Stanley Cup WITHOUT KRIS LETANG. Letang played the best season of his career in 2016. You MOVE HIM in 2017. Period. After that second cup letang should have been GONE.
t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad