OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Same old Lineup in practice. again.

I like how Malkin was the best player in the world with Guentzel and Rust. I guess Sullivan didn't like that.

Hey Maybe THIS game Zucker-Malkin will figure it out.

It's not like Zucker and Crosby have clicked. No not at all. Why ever change things up in the lineup? Very smart.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The only positives i can take away from the two games are that Jankowski looks decent.

Blueger is still good, Tanev is still the engine that keeps going, Letang hasn't lost his legs yet, and Pettersson looks fine.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
So what you just open the video then immediately close it?
I changed the settings in my media player to minimal interface, where I can't see the progress bar or time stamps if I skip ahead.

But that's the easy part! Getting the torrent without seeing the file size in any location is the annoying part. It shows up on the website, in my torrent program in 2 diff spots (I collapsed the "size" category) , and if you're sloppy the size will show after selecting the file or hovering over it! I literally put my hand over the 2 spots the size shows up on the website too.

Once I successfully open the player without getting spoiled, it's smooth sailing. :biglaugh:
But I been d/l'ing games since like 2008 so I'm a pro at it now.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I changed the settings in my media player to minimal interface, where I can't see the progress bar or time stamps if I skip ahead.

But that's the easy part! Getting the torrent without seeing the file size in any location is the annoying part. It shows up on the website, in my torrent program in 2 diff spots (I collapsed the "size" category) , and if you're sloppy the size will show after selecting the file or hovering over it! I literally put my hand over the 2 spots the size shows up on the website too.

Once I successfully open the player without getting spoiled, it's smooth sailing. :biglaugh:
But I been d/l'ing games since like 2008 so I'm a pro at it now.

I like your method but I was mostly being my usual jackass self and making a badly executed joke.

You said it was of great advantage because you could skip past all the tedium. To which my oh-so witty repartee was "so you just open the video and immediately turn it off?"

What I'm trying to say here is we suck.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I like your method but I was mostly being my usual jackass self and making a badly executed joke.

You said it was of great advantage because you could skip passed all the tedium. To which my oh-so witty repartee was "so you just open the video and immediately turn it off?"

What I'm trying to say here is we suck.
Whoops. Didn't sleep much last night.

But yeah, there's also the major temptation of skipping ahead when we're getting owned. Like when the Flyers scored that 3rd one...that took some resolve not to jump a few minutes.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well Dumo both haven’t been great so........

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
why isn’t Kap at least practicing today? He’s available and out of Covid isn’t he?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

But like

What the hell was the covid protocol, that they made a big deal of him clearing, if not periodic testing?

Did they just tell him to sit in the corner of an empty apartment with fifteen cans of tuna and with zero contact with anyone for any reason, including, like, tests ?

So penguins man. So penguins.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
this says nothing as the Caps (really low event) are 2-0 and the Pens (much better) are 0-2...

I’m not comparing us to the caps although this roster would be better off where the caps are on this chart.

It tells us we a trading a lot of chances and I don’t think that’s a good idea for this roster. We need to be stable from the back end and play a safer game. The 2016 team could trade those chances but we have to play a style suited to what we have. Less roller coaster, more stability.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m not comparing us to the caps although this roster would be better off where the caps are on this chart.

It tells us we a trading a lot of chances and I don’t think that’s a good idea for this roster. We need to be stable from the back end and play a safer game. The 2016 team could trade those chances but we have to play a style suited to what we have. Less roller coaster, more stability.

Seems like Laviolette has gotten that message across to the Caps big guys, who are also old ... Ovie has done shit

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
But like

What the hell was the covid protocol, that they made a big deal of him clearing, if not periodic testing?

Did they just tell him to sit in the corner of an empty apartment with fifteen cans of tuna and with zero contact with anyone for any reason, including, like, tests ?

So penguins man. So penguins.

I think he’s tested 2 or 3 times during the quarantine. You still have to wait the prescribed time no matter what.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I think he’s tested 2 or 3 times during the quarantine. You still have to wait the prescribed time no matter what.

But he did clear the time

And anyway this is saying they're waiting for a final test result

It's crazy man

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Seems like Laviolette has gotten that message across to the Caps big guys, who are also old ... Ovie has done shit

It’s a short sample size but we don’t seem mentally there. Any breakdown has led to more in quick succession. You need to nip that in the bud straight away.

We have also had stretches where we play well hence the roller coaster reference. We need stability though. Get back to basics and build your season from there. Don’t trade chances with how little impact our top 6 is having. We’ll lose most games playing that way

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
no, yesterday was his last day in quarantine. He came off the Covid list yesterday...

he still needs a negative test though so until that comes back technically.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad