OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What balance is that? Make sure the top line only scores at the same rate as a 4th line?

Sullivan's words may have merit, but the actions he puts in place to actually achieve those words make zero sense.

I rarely agree with this type of thinking, but Sullivan is out to lunch on Kapanen.

That being said, what he has done with Kappy has him at PPG so far, so.. hard to complain despite having to watch L1 be a shit show every night.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's ridiculous how often we have to say this, though.

At some point, maybe the coach should be the one "taken away" if JR is constantly having to trade/get rid of terrible players who Sullivan overplays.

NHL coaches are terrible about latching on to certain players so it’s something where it’s always going to be an issue because it’s not a Sullivan specific thing. I think he’s gotten particularly bad about players and ideas he tries to make work but it’s something I think GMs should always be doing with coaches. Of course JR will also get overly attached so they probably bond over it making it all moot.

Counter point. When Letang was returning from his neck surgery and the off season it impacted, he was immediately thrown into the 1D workload and Sullivan spent the season largely ignoring that he was struggling with the high minutes. They did briefly limit his minutes a bit and it helped but they stopped doing it.

I’d say he learned from that but I doubt it. He’s either gotten attached to Rodrigues or the idea of kapanen in a Kessel-lite role in the bottom 6.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't understand the correlation between the gif and the issue, BUT you are making me want to re-watch that movie... I hate comic book movies, but I have a soft spot for that movie... I really enjoy it... and the first one =]

Just an epic mic drop

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
So, Blueger has the best wingers now. This is pure BS, courtesy of Mike Sullivan. He changes a lot but ERod is one of the only things unchanged, wow. FFS, you have Tanev on the 4th line, even he would be a MUCH better short-term option to help Sid if he is so crazy about this slow transition with Kapanen. I have no words anymore. Sid has 0 ES points. And he keeps and keeps Rodrigues there. I am done with Sullivan. Also, this is already a 3rd game for Kapanen and he still waits with him. Nobody had preseason games this year, nobody had time to get 100% comfortable. Yet he only waits with Kapanen. Who is EXTREMELY NEEDED on that 1st line RW.

Reactions: Doogle

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
All the time.

Especially until Sullivan starts using his brain again and stops playing players who remind him of himself in prominent roles.

I bet against them at times... when they are on terrible losing streaks I bet against them and they win...
So I'm hoping tonight they finally nail a regulation win... they are do for it...
Just curious why you are against them tonight.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
So, Blueger has the best wingers now. This is pure BS, courtesy of Mike Sullivan. He changes a lot but ERod is one of the only things unchanged, wow. FFS, you have Tanev on the 4th line, even he would be a MUCH better short-term option to help Sid if he is so crazy about this slow transition with Kapanen. I have no words anymore. Sid has 0 ES points. And he keeps and keeps Rodrigues there. I am done with Sullivan. Also, this is already a 3rd game for Kapanen and he still waits with him. Nobody had preseason games this year, nobody had time to get 100% comfortable. Yet he only waits with Kapanen. Who is EXTREMELY NEEDED on that 1st line RW.

I mean, Bleuger has been our best 5v5 center so why not.

Reactions: dogthateats

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Zucker-Blueger-Kapanen is going to be an absolutely dynamic 3rd line. I know that Kapanen will eventually be promoted to the top-6, but I'd be really interested in seeing a 3rd line based around Zucker and Blueger if Sullivan is adamant about not splitting up Guentzel and Crosby.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Injuries to the D and with no camp to speak of, Sully is still in the see what we have mode. I think all teams will need 10 games or so to get in the flow of things. But the points matter more in a shortened season so the normal 20 game period is now 10 and then Kap should be on the first line and TB is a better for for the 3rd line.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Zucker-Blueger-Kapanen is going to be an absolutely dynamic 3rd line. I know that Kapanen will eventually be promoted to the top-6, but I'd be really interested in seeing a 3rd line based around Zucker and Blueger if Sullivan is adamant about not splitting up Guentzel and Crosby.

The silver lining to me with the new third line is that if Zucker and Kap show themselves to make a killer wing combo, Sully will have no choice but to move them up with Sid and move Jake down with Malkin...

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
FIRST_SHIFT_OF_MINERS_AT_THE_VIRGINIA-POCAHONTAS_COAL_COMPANY_MINE_%5E4_NEAR_RICHLANDS%2C_VIRGINIA%2C_LEAVING_THE_ELEVATOR...._-_NARA_-_556393_tweaked.jpg

Coal miners, unite! We top six bah-beh!!!

I looked for Bernie Sanders in this photo for a good 15 seconds ...

Reactions: EightyOne and Peat

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The silver lining to me with the new third line is that if Zucker and Kap show themselves to make a killer wing combo, Sully will have no choice but to move them up with Sid and move Jake down with Malkin...

Jake is not leaving Sid.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Injuries to the D and with no camp to speak of, Sully is still in the see what we have mode. I think all teams will need 10 games or so to get in the flow of things. But the points matter more in a shortened season so the normal 20 game period is now 10 and then Kap should be on the first line and TB is a better for for the 3rd line.

We are producing points tho’

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Sweet summer child.

can you let me dream for one freaking minute? Yeeeshhh...

Look, there was a clear minute between timestamps on the post, you got your minute.

Has Malkin played with McCann before? I am pretty terrible at remembering lines

Yeah, McCann-Malkin-Rust had a few games together last season and worked pretty well.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Or he’ll just ride it like HBK.

the only reason that will happen is only if the top six pick up the pace...otherwise if that pair is killing it, I think they’ll be moved up to help Sid...he already said his goal was to get Kappy with Sid...if Sid is still languishing and that wing pair isn’t, I don’t see him keeping them with Teddy, at least during the RS

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
can you let me dream for one freaking minute? Yeeeshhh...

Sully will have no choice but to move them up with Sid and move Jake down with Malkin...
Andy99, 5 minutes ago

Well you had four minutes
=P

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
Well, if these lines work we need to upgrade ERod sometime by the end of the year.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
McCann sucks, he is an antidote for any kind of boost that Geno may have had last game...unless his role would be to frantically forecheck and have Geno and Rust play with puck, but thats not his game, he does not pass he i a shooter first and any puck that touches his stick will be the end of the second line shift. I hope I am so wrong, Would rather see Tanev there simple move...and McCann on fourth line carry that line. They have this obsession with McCann what they think he is and they will stick to it to prove themselves right no matter what...
I do like dropping Janko to fourth and minimizing their minutes...the first line is still major, major defensive liability, Sid is not backchecking Jake does not either...it could be a problem

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad