OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
dom-simon-fan-club-unisex-lightweight-terry-hoodie.jpg

Still getting some usage out of that hoodie pic I see =P

(They screen printed the lettering over the hoodie laces... doh)

I'd take him back at this point... not sure what keeping Erod was expected to achieve that Simon didn't do.
I see someone said rod had center capabilities...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kahun wasn't anything special either. Definitely didn't get a chance here but holy shit he's turning into such an overrated player. I think people are more upset that we traded a potentially good asset for Conor freakin Sheary.

Dominik Kahun is pretty much the anti-Simon: didn't really give great underlying numbers but he was able to produce a ton.

I think that production, which was heavily due to an unsustainable shooting%, wasn't sustainable and it kinda blinded people for what Kahun actually was.

Reactions: Doogle

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I like Kahun because he (basically) said the penguins system sucks.

I tend to agree with him.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kahun wasn't anything special either. Definitely didn't get a chance here but holy shit he's turning into such an overrated player. I think people are more upset that we traded a potentially good asset for Conor freakin Sheary.

Slightly 20/20 hindsight - although not entirely - but since we could have never qualified him and risked his arbitration ask in a flat cap world, he was never going to be an asset for us.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Still getting some usage out of that hoodie pic I see =P

(They screen printed the lettering over the hoodie laces... doh)

I'd take him back at this point... not sure what keeping Erod was expected to achieve that Simon didn't do.
I see someone said rod had center capabilities...

That's what Rutherford said at the time. And tbf, he did play a decent amount of C for Buffalo a couple of seasons ago.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That's what Rutherford said at the time. And tbf, he did play a decent amount of C for Buffalo a couple of seasons ago.

Well they both make 700k so ... I really don't see why they couldn't keep both. Especially since it directly affects the first line.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Easing in is an excuse at this point. He’s an established NHL player and has been one of our best since joining the group.

I wanna know what ERod did to be this prized possession. I like the player but holy balls is he getting overplayed.

Is he dating another niece of Sullivan’s?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I dont really follow that quote.

Shouldn't they be, ya know... together... if them working together successfully is the goal?

He is getting some shifts there but it seems like it's a fitness thing.

EDIT: I imagine Kappy's minutes will increase tonight and that 3rd line looks like a lot of FUN!

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Well they both make 700k so ... I really don't see why they couldn't keep both. Especially since it directly affects the first line.

We've got a lot of forwards. Likelihood is we'd have just been paying one of them to sit in the taxi squad which is a problem when every dollar's getting watched. So I don't have a problem with them keeping only one. Just keeping this one if the plan was for them to be in the top six whenever we got injuries.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Except he refuses to make one very logical change that Sid won’t like: swap Jake and Zucker...instead he’d rather demote Zucker (who kinda deserved it after last game)....so in light of that, this whole statement reeks of BS

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
He is getting some shifts there but it seems like it's a fitness thing.

EDIT: I imagine Kappy's minutes will increase tonight and that 3rd line looks like a lot of FUN!

I suppose. It hasn't even been a week yet... so I guess that is about right.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Except he refuses to make one very logical change that Sid won’t like: swap Jake and Zucker...instead he’d rather demote Zucker (who kinda deserved it after last game)....so in light of that, this whole statement reeks of BS
I'm glad he is shaking things up at least some but you are right that he is avoiding the obvious move that needs to at least be tried.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What balance is that? Make sure the top line only scores at the same rate as a 4th line?

Sullivan's words may have merit, but the actions he puts in place to actually achieve those words make zero sense.

I like the lines except ERod of course. If we had Simon or even Sheary it'd be much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad