OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
So if I am hearing this right.
Matheson, Riikola - Longer term
Petterson - Week to week

I think you go with what you ended last game with:

Dumo - Letang
Ruhwedel - Marino (I don't care which has to play their off side, let them rotate)
POJ - Ceci (limited 3rd pairing minutes)

Just dont put Czuczman in please.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I agree there, but I just have durability issue concerns. A lot of injuries don't always come from hits.

It's just makes it awfully convenient/easy to connect the two. Add in they are soft as butter.

Yeah it definitely depends on the persons body and also how they protect themselves in situations. Some people are just really good at it.

That was always an issue with Letang and Chris Tanev. They’d make a play and watch the puck instead of getting out the way or not making that play in the first place. Letang is much better now.

I guess the smaller you are the more you’ll fly too.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah it definitely depends on the persons body and also how they protect themselves in situations. Some people are just really good at it.

That was always an issue with Letang and Chris Tanev. They’d make a play and watch the puck instead of getting out the way or not making that play in the first place. Letang is much better now.

I guess the smaller you are the more you’ll fly too.

Yeah. If they use it. I'm talking about going to retrieve pucks. Don't look over your shoulder and use your speed and get there first to make the play and don't invite contact and trust their puck handling skills more. Skate out of danger.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Sucks about Petts, and Riiko, but I'm excited to see POJ, he looked good in the return camp before the playoffs, and looked good in camp, he's at least ready for sheltered minutes.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The best way to do it is to give him a good partner.

Play him 5v5 with Letang or Marino (mostly Marino). Do not give him PK or PP time or at least VERY little. Give him 15-20 a night with a good partner. Sit him in some situation.

I would not mind him playing with Ruh usually, but with Pettersson AND Riikola out... I do not want Ceci FORCING Marino to his off side AND in a top 4 role.

Ceci with Marino is going to cause teams to do what they did in Toronto: key on Marino and force Ceci to skate with and pass the puck, things he can’t do...that’s going to really f**k up the second pair....I’d rather play POJ there too and put Ruh on his offside with Ceci...this also allows Sullivan to double shift Ruh as needed on the second pair to limit POJ’s minutes if needed

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I know it's easier said than done but the team should basically make it an understanding that a trade needs consummated right away should Ceci stray higher than the third pairing.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

terrible lol...no chance of doing anything this year if that continues even if all our stars were playing like gangbusters, which they aren’t

Reactions: ColePens

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So one Cap player tested positive for COVID, and now 4 have to sit out for 4 games. And they just played the Pens.

As I said, I'm not too hopeful about this. I bet we hear a Pen or two will have to sit soon.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So one Cap player tested positive for COVID, and now 4 have to sit out for 4 games. And they just played the Pens.

As I said, I'm not too hopeful about this. I bet we hear a Pen or two will have to sit soon.

See the Around The NHL Thread for full details but the one player (Samsonov) who tested positive didn't play us, and the guys who have to sit as proximity risks were ruled to be that close due to events after the game.

Famous last words but it doesn't sound like a scenario where anything would have got transmitted. And I think management believes that too, or they'd have cancelled practice as they did before.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
See the Around The NHL Thread for full details but the one player (Samsonov) who tested positive didn't play us, and the guys who have to sit as proximity risks were ruled to be that close due to events after the game.

Famous last words but it doesn't sound like a scenario where anything would have got transmitted. And I think management believes that too, or they'd have cancelled practice as they did before.

He was still on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad