OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
See the Around The NHL Thread for full details but the one player (Samsonov) who tested positive didn't play us, and the guys who have to sit as proximity risks were ruled to be that close due to events after the game.

Famous last words but it doesn't sound like a scenario where anything would have got transmitted. And I think management believes that too, or they'd have cancelled practice as they did before.

Was it confirmed that they violated the rules AFTER the second Pens game? Because they played the Caps on Sunday, too.

Not to mention, who's to say those same players haven't been violating this "don't hang out outside the rink" rule prior and Samsonov's been positive for longer than they realize, thus spreading it to his team longer than they realize?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He was still on the bench.

Yeah, but we're not going to be around him all that much. Risk but very reduced.

Was it confirmed that they violated the rules AFTER the second Pens game? Because they played the Caps on Sunday, too.

Not to mention, who's to say those same players haven't been violating this "don't hang out outside the rink" rule prior and Samsonov's been positive for longer than they realize, thus spreading it to his team longer than they realize?

I don't think it's been confirmed when it happened - I guess I just assumed it was after the second due to when it was announced (and, to an extent, lack of response from the Pens). And it's true there's been plenty of infection possibilities and we don't know how long they had it - although I like to think if they dug out one rules violation, they'd have dug out all of them.

But yeah, there could be something. I think this is about as ideal a situation as we could get for Covid on the other side, but not as ideal as nothing.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
POJ looked good in the scrimmages. In fact I remember I mistook him for Dumo when I first tuned in.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
lol...I know everyone was waiting excitedly for the next TIOPS installment because his info is so accurate and here it is...summarized by another poster:

“Nothing interesting. I looked at it earlier today and it just seemed like random, made up stuff, but, here's what he said:

--Says the decision to scratch Ceci took some in the "organization" by surprise, because he was a favorable signing by Rutherford. Said he had a poor camp, and is going to have to change some things in his play to get more consideration from the coaches. TIOPS has had "more than one person" say that Ceci is more of a Jacques Martin guy, not a Todd Reirden type guy.

--TIOPS also says Reirden has been pushing for Ruhwedel to play on a regular basis.

--He also said there are some "rumblings" that with a slow start, GMJR may already be in the "sending a message" mood by making a trade to shake things up.

I'm going to post one horrible grammatically formatted sentence here word for word, and you tell me what it means, because I can read it a couple different ways:

--One source has cited Rutherford being furious in a belief from those upstairs that Jason Zucker showed up to camp out of shape.

Is Rutherford furious at Zucker?
Is Rutherford furious because "those upstairs" think Zucker is out of shape?
Is Rutherford out of shape?
Is Zucker mad that Rutherford is furious that the people upstairs think Zucker's dog is lazy?
Did TIOPS lose a game of Scrabble Sentences and put this together?”

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
lol...I know everyone was waiting excitedly for the next TIOPS installment because his info is so accurate and here it is...summarized by another poster:

“Nothing interesting. I looked at it earlier today and it just seemed like random, made up stuff, but, here's what he said:

--Says the decision to scratch Ceci took some in the "organization" by surprise, because he was a favorable signing by Rutherford. Said he had a poor camp, and is going to have to change some things in his play to get more consideration from the coaches. TIOPS has had "more than one person" say that Ceci is more of a Jacques Martin guy, not a Todd Reirden type guy.

--TIOPS also says Reirden has been pushing for Ruhwedel to play on a regular basis.

--He also said there are some "rumblings" that with a slow start, GMJR may already be in the "sending a message" mood by making a trade to shake things up.

I'm going to post one horrible grammatically formatted sentence here word for word, and you tell me what it means, because I can read it a couple different ways:

--One source has cited Rutherford being furious in a belief from those upstairs that Jason Zucker showed up to camp out of shape.

Is Zucker mad that Rutherford is furious that the people upstairs think Zucker's dog is lazy?

If Zucker is out of shape right now (looks fine to me) then when he’s “fit” he must be...........

tenor.gif

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, Zucker doesn't look out of shape to me.
Guy has been throwing his weight around as well with hits here and there.
Maybe they're talking about Rust. Dunno.
Excited to see Kap in the top 6 now and to see if POJ got some game in 'em.
Not really enthused about a Marino-Ceci pairing but what can ya do...

ETA: Forgot Ruh had the day off so he slides in either where Ceci is or Czuczman.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
We did a good job of shipping out some baddies this summer.

Speaking of which, Murray's down 4-0 after 2. Came into the game .890.

6.25 mil x 5? Good lord. Dodged that bullet. Praise Jim.

I watched most games he played for Ottawa and he is not really at fault. That team is REALLY terrible, especially defensively. I'd say that he was a major factor in their win.

Goalie stats are so overrated.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We did a good job of shipping out some baddies this summer.

Speaking of which, Murray's down 4-0 after 2. Came into the game .890.

6.25 mil x 5? Good lord. Dodged that bullet. Praise Jim.
Sort of...We are still paying Bjugstad and Johnson...

I don’t think good job is warranted for having to buy out a player and retaining money on another player.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I watched most games he played for Ottawa and he is not really at fault. That team is REALLY terrible, especially defensively. I'd say that he was a major factor in their win.

Goalie stats are so overrated.
This is the exact argument for Murray the last two seasons. "It's not really his fault, the team in front of him is ass". At some point, if he really is the goalie people think he is, he needs to be better than the team in front of him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I wandered over there yesterday and say their big piece on trade rumors. I assumed it was us and the Jet with Roslovic. Didn't know if they said for who though?

Ceci's scratch being a surprise kinda shows a bit of how out of touch some may be. I think right away we all concerned about the signing as it didn't seem to fit the plans of speed, skill, and youth. Thankfully, it's one year and he's cheap. Maybe another team that has injuries rack up can take him :)

Given what we've seen from Rudwedel this year so far, I am a'ok with him being a regular on the 3rd pairing. Riiko-Rudwedel was a great pairing and should have been our 3rd pairing going into the year. Shouldn't have taken injuries to get there. Be interesting to see what happens when everyone comes back healthy.

I hope JR pauses a bit about sending the message. Everything that the players said about the Hagelin trade and the Kahun trade were negative. Not because we didn't get good players back but because of what it did to the lockerroom. If they are sending someone out, I hope JR has his finger on the pulse of the lockerroom more so than last time and if he does pull the trigger, I hope it's for someone lower level like a ZAR for Roslovic type deal. I struggle to see who beyond that and maybe Sceviour he would send out at the moment.

I'm sure a lot of guys weren't exactly training hard over the "off-season" sans Sid. I don't think being out of shape is what is affecting Zucker at the moment.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I guess you could argue that he's being paid to be that guy, though there are probably other similarly-compensated goalies who can't be better than an actively bad team.

He's the 7th best paid goalie in the league, and a good 3m cheaper than the top 3 i.e. the elite. As such I'd argue that he's paid to be better than the average guy, but not to transcend the team around him and pull the load when others can't.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He's the 7th best paid goalie in the league, and a good 3m cheaper than the top 3 i.e. the elite. As such I'd argue that he's paid to be better than the average guy, but not to transcend the team around him and pull the load when others can't.

He got paid based on his past performance. I think if the cap had got up $4mil, he'd still be here. I'd love to still have him here.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Late but Zucker really doesn't look bad to me at all. He looks snakebit and out of place with Malkin, but he's really not playing bad hockey. Rust and Guentzel are both playing way worse than Zucker is.

On Murray, I find it really odd that some are taking shots at him as the Penguins goaltending this year has been downright dogshit. Glass houses and whatnot, especially when the guy taking shots at Murray also claimed Jarry was the most talented goalie in Penguins history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad