OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Late but Zucker really doesn't look bad to me at all. He looks snakebit and out of place with Malkin, but he's really not playing bad hockey. Rust and Guentzel are both playing way worse than Zucker is.

On Murray, I find it really odd that some are taking shots at him as the Penguins goaltending this year has been downright dogshit. Glass houses and whatnot, especially when the guy taking shots at Murray also claimed Jarry was the most talented goalie in Penguins history.
As President of the Ken Wregget fan club, I take offense to that last part.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Late but Zucker really doesn't look bad to me at all. He looks snakebit and out of place with Malkin, but he's really not playing bad hockey. Rust and Guentzel are both playing way worse than Zucker is.

On Murray, I find it really odd that some are taking shots at him as the Penguins goaltending this year has been downright dogshit. Glass houses and whatnot, especially when the guy taking shots at Murray also claimed Jarry was the most talented goalie in Penguins history.

Yeah Zucker’s played well except for last game but that possibly had a lot to do with Malkin/Rust. He’d been able to overcome that in other games.

Jake really improved the last couple games so that’s encouraging.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh

Yeah, by all accounts Murrs has been pretty good, but that's not gonna cut it with that current Ottawa squad.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Boy, now THERE is a name I haven't thought of in awhile. Man, those 90's goalies...

Barasshole, Wregget (my go to on NHL98), Lalime, JS Aubin, then I think we went to Tugnutt, then Hedberg...then Fleury and Thibault?

Good times. Good times.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Boy, now THERE is a name I haven't thought of in awhile. Man, those 90's goalies...

Barasshole, Wregget (my go to on NHL98), Lalime, JS Aubin, then I think we went to Tugnutt, then Hedberg...then Fleury and Thibault?

Good times. Good times.

There is a Sebastian Caron floating around in there somewhere, too.

Reactions: SEALBound

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I guess you could argue that he's being paid to be that guy, though there are probably other similarly-compensated goalies who can't be better than an actively bad team.

Murray is being paid to hit the salary cap floor, let's be real. Also the constant bashing of Murray, while our own team's goaltending is in the shitter to the point that we have to praise our starter for "only" letting in three goals while looking like a wacky waving inflatable tube man in net, is just laughably, pathetically transparent.

Reactions: Trade

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Murray is being paid to hit the salary cap floor, let's be real. Also the constant bashing of Murray, while our own team's goaltending is in the shitter to the point that we have to praise our starter for "only" letting in three goals while looking like a wacky waving inflatable tube man in net, is just laughably, pathetically transparent.
Haha I guess you are right that we now rejoice when our goalie ONLY gives up 3 goals.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well, Pitt and Chicago are tied for second-worst GA, with 21 thru 5

I thought THIS was the worst, then saw Vancouver with 28 thru 6 games....

It could always be worse pens fans.....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Also, looking at the standings this morning - it's morning to me - I've noticed RW/ROW points.
I have a feeling those RW/ROW numbers will come back to bite the penguins late in the season.

Already 5 games in and not 1 RW... hope it isn't something like RW that determines a playoff spot.... that is always a pretty painful way to be eliminated (even as a spec)

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I know I've said this at least once - I'll root for every Pen that tries, but having Rodrigues on line 1 is really testing that. I completely agree with easing Kapanen in but there's so many other things they can do that aren't Rodrigues on the 1st line and they've got to be really, really bad before it's worse than Rodrigues on the 1st line.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well, Pitt and Chicago are tied for second-worst GA, with 21 thru 5

I thought THIS was the worst, then saw Vancouver with 28 thru 6 games....

It could always be worse pens fans.....
IT'S all relative to expectations. Are our expectations to be better than last? I'd say even the most tolerant among us expect much better in that regard.

Reactions: LOGiK

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'll fight ya for that title :laugh:

He's somehow responsible for both my love of cage masks and my favorite 'modern' mask.

Anyone else hit up trick or treat at Ken Wregget's back in the 90's? He's a likable guy for sure.

My top 3 pre-MAF era:
Hedberg
Wregget
Tugnutt

Clearly my favorites didn't have a requirement for team longevity or skills...

My biggest issue with Murray was people calling him moose. That nickname is reserved for the one and only...
Pittsburgh-Penguins-Johan-Hedberg-1568235536.jpg

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
At this point that's absolutely unacceptable. He's more a HS than he is a placeholder on the 1st line.

Why question Sullivan? He's won 2 cups and has an incredible sense for lineup creation.

Clearly us peasants cannot see the genius that is ERod playing top 3 forward minutes. Really what else can he do?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Zucker Sid Kap
Jake Geno Rust
McCann Blueger Tanev
Sceviour Jank EFraud

please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events