OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
:laugh: Well remember.. Bylsma never held anyone accountable. That was the issue.

We've heard rumblings of Sully drilling drilling drilling the team. So it really can help. The Pens can never find the happy medium. It's either MT or Dan Bylsma.

I did it for the laughs, not to dig at what you said. We're on the same page.

Reactions: ColePens

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

garbage-1525988260-1525988262.gif

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Twitter account confirmed it's all three wingers rotating with the Bloogmeister.

Am unimpressed with the prospect of Sceviour getting rotated out.

Maybe it's to keep guys fresh. IDK. In such a short season with many games it could be smart to keep those 4th line guys fresh.

But if anyone should sit it should be McCann or Erod..

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sceviour probably won't be rotated out if I had to guess. I imagine it would either be Rodrigues or O'Connor as the winger for Sceviour and Blueger.

Although then again, Sceviour has been on the ice for 7 goals against so far this year. It's mostly due to his comical .558 on ice save% (that's not a typo)

We will see but normally special teams are a good indication of the answer and right now that says Rodrigues and DOC.

Eh, I don’t think he deserves to get scratched but I’m a firm believer in keeping 4th liners and most bottom 6 players fighting for their spots. If he actually got scratched right now I won’t be impressed but implying he can be is fine.

Of course he can be HS'ed, it's just a bit absurd to do it for Rodrigues right now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wonder what the difference is for "week to week" and "longer term". I guess week to week may be like 2-4 weeks, but longer term may be over a month and undetermined?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It's super cool how we're 4 games into the season and like an entire third of their potentially useable NHL defensive depth is hurt.

It's oddly when the Penguins play their best hockey. Very hard to explain. Anytime a ton of injuries hit they play fantastic. Their best hockey last season was when Crosby, Letang or Malkin was out.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

hskey

Apr 7, 2009
Oh dear. Looks like at least we get a look at POJ (hopefully he's ready) but who else goes in? Ceci?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
POJ can be a really solid blue liner, just don’t expect a ton of offense from him.

He can really skate though and handle the puck well.

Only really seen him in our full scrimmage game. I liked what I saw. He could really pass quickly and accurately which is more than you can see for the other D man that’s going to get back in the side tomorrow :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am interested to see POJ. I love his skating. I love his movement. He also looked like he was barely 125lbs and that is tough in the NHL.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Well, this is discouraging to hear the reports on our injuries.

Best of luck to POJ.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Of course he can be HS'ed, it's just a bit absurd to do it for Rodrigues right now.

If they do. Rotating doesn’t mean he’s definitely scratched. Scratching him now would be Sullivan playing himself with some weird justification like wanting DOC in and needing Rodrigues in if they think Kapanen isn’t ready for the workload.

I wonder what the difference is for "week to week" and "longer term". I guess week to week may be like 2-4 weeks, but longer term may be over a month and undetermined?

I think it’s something like that. Undetermined would probably be indefinitely, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad