OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So 4 of the Caps were put on the COVID list, including Ovechkin. And the Caps just played the Pens two games this past week.

Why does this not inspire me with much confidence given the Pens' luck with injury/illness?

We have this witch doctor to protect us from Covid

Eru-uX2XIAMthDr

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So 4 of the Caps were put on the COVID list, including Ovechkin. And the Caps just played the Pens two games this past week.

Why does this not inspire me with much confidence given the Pens' luck with injury/illness?
Ughhh that is awful.

That scum bag team was also fined for not following COVID protocol. The NHL needs to fine teams AND players.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't think they looked that good at all but hey a win over the Capitals isn't something I can bring myself to complain overmuch about, I guess.

While I usually kind of understand the "I'd rather lose if we're not winning The Right Way" attitude, for me, that pretty much always goes out the window against the Flyers and the Caps.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
i was just going to post this.....Geno feeds off the fans so i think that i a part of it.imo

This might be the greatest favorite player excuse mongering I've ever read.

He's slumping because there are no fans. Maybe you have a point. He did suck in the bubble playoffs too. Also he likes to take a lot of "passion" penalties so he can be closer to the fans.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

He's slumping because there are no fans. Maybe you have a point. He did suck in the bubble playoffs too. Also he likes to take a lot of "passion" penalties so he can be closer to the fans.
Haha I was thinking the same thing.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

anyone that thinks the fans have no effect on a player has never played the game. some more than others and in deferent ways. but its there

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Whats this I hear kk isn't ready...

I know he couldnt get to the states, but was he not skating prior at all?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Whats this I hear kk isn't ready...

I know he couldnt get to the states, but was he not skating prior at all?

Yes he was but it’s still different to camp plus the quarantine he which he couldn’t anything.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
anyone that thinks the fans have no effect on a player has never played the game. some more than others and in deferent ways. but its there

so it’s my fault as a season ticket holder. I personally would like to apologize to geno nation.

If Malkin needs a crowd to perform it speaks highly of his immature quirks I have referenced.

Kuntiz told me personally that the crowd at ppg sucked which we all know but that’s a player saying it.

In review, blaming the crowd is ridiculous.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yes he was but it’s still different to camp plus the quarantine he which he couldn’t anything.

Heard ERod been slipping Kapanen Melatonin before practices to keep him sleepy.

Can't blame him he doesn't want to give up his nearly 20 min a night.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Oh yeah... the quarantine stuff.
Cool... thanks.

so it’s my fault as a season ticket holder. I personally would like to apologize to geno nation.

If Malkin needs a crowd to perform it speaks highly of his immature quirks I have referenced.

Kuntiz told me personally that the crowd at ppg sucked which we all know but that’s a player saying it.

In review, blaming the crowd is ridiculous.

Geno blaming... no crowds? I can't see how that could possibly rattle his game. Once you step on the ice... it's on... as for sitting on the bench and looking around in the game.... I'm sure it is upsetting... but for it to ruin someones game? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh I donno if I'd buy that...

Who said this anyway... posters or an actual player?
I remember hearing Tuuka or whoever last playin thingy saying something about no crowds... but i don't think he even opt'd in.

I think my memory is somewhat fleeting.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's super cool how we're 4 games into the season and like an entire third of their potentially useable NHL defensive depth is hurt.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Oh yeah... the quarantine stuff.
Cool... thanks.

Geno blaming... no crowds? I can't see how that could possibly rattle his game. Once you step on the ice... it's on... as for sitting on the bench and looking around in the game.... I'm sure it is upsetting... but for it to ruin someones game? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh I donno if I'd buy that...

Who said this anyway... posters or an actual player?
I remember hearing Tuuka or whoever last playin thingy saying something about no crowds... but i don't think he even opt'd in.

I think my memory is somewhat fleeting.

I don't think Geno's blamed it, more others speculating, but it does make sense to me. These guys are creatures of habit, some to extreme degrees, and even the slightest thing can knock them off. Crowd noise, the emotion from the fans? You bet it'll make a difference. And Tuukka Rask opted in, but had to opt out again while in the bubble due to family illnesses. I don't think it's the be all and end all of Geno's problems, but I really doubt it's helping any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad