OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm reading it as: O'Connor is getting some reps (be it at LW or RW) on the fourth line.

Both Rodrigues and DOC are on the 2PP, which would seem to indicate one of Blueger and Sceviour is getting hosed.

Normally I'll root for all Pens players as long as they're trying hard enough but Rodrigues is rapidly testing that one, and I laugh hollowly at all who preferred him to Simon as the coach wouldn't do stupid things with him.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Either way, scratching Sceviour makes no sense to me. Him and Bleuger have been our most consistent producers throughout the line-up.

I agree he's been good in his 4th line role. ERod is becoming an annoyance to me based on his usage trends. I'm hoping he's phased into a minor role...he's got 1 point on the year. A puck indirectly bounced off his skate. Not a Powerplay guy to me and he doesn't scream everyday player to me.

He should be rotated out if DOC is getting a game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Twitter account confirmed it's all three wingers rotating with the Bloogmeister.

Am unimpressed with the prospect of Sceviour getting rotated out.

If you’re going to rotate a winger out for O’Connor it really should be Rust.

I’d be perfectly fine with that. Hell if Malkin doesn’t show much improvement in the next couple games I’d sit him too for a game. I imagine that would not go down well though :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Twitter account confirmed it's all three wingers rotating with the Bloogmeister.

Sceviour probably won't be rotated out if I had to guess. I imagine it would either be Rodrigues or O'Connor as the winger for Sceviour and Blueger.

Although then again, Sceviour has been on the ice for 7 goals against so far this year. It's mostly due to his comical .558 on ice save% (that's not a typo)

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If you’re going to rotate a winger out for O’Connor it really should be Rust.

I’d be perfectly fine with that. Hell if Malkin doesn’t show much improvement in the next couple games I’d sit him too for a game. I imagine that would not go down well though :laugh:

Sir, I don't know what it is you're taking that makes Rodrigues a more desirable inclusion than Rust, but that is some powerful reality warping stuff and I request you kindly share.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Eh, I don’t think he deserves to get scratched but I’m a firm believer in keeping 4th liners and most bottom 6 players fighting for their spots. If he actually got scratched right now I won’t be impressed but implying he can be is fine.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Sitting Malkin is a sure fire way to get yourself fired.

Rust ain't gettin healthied either.

Maybe Sceviour got banged up. Otherwise if they just wanted to rotate O'Connor in then Erod is the logical choice to scratch.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
penguins_wiffle_ball.jpg

Live from Practice

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sir, I don't know what it is you're taking that makes Rodrigues a more desirable inclusion than Rust, but that is some powerful reality warping stuff and I request you kindly share.

Just based on play Rodrigues has been better than Rust this season. So I think it’s justifiable.

There’s a few options with Rust and any of them could be the right move. The one I wouldn’t want is for him to be kept with Malkin. You can’t have your 2 most underperforming played on the same line in the top 6.

Rust options:
  1. Move him up with Sid and see if he can get going with 2 guys who are starting to get back some form.
  2. Put him on the 3rd line (I think that’s what will happen).
  3. Scratch him and light a fire under his ass
Gut feeling says to me option 1 is what might work best but I wouldn’t be annoyed if Sully did any of those 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad