OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Short sample size, but he’s alright. Has had some stints (about 1/5 shifts) with Gaudreau and Monahan but nothing spectacular. He’s mainly on the 4th line with Lucic and Ryan, so he’s probably not going to score. He’s our 12th/13th forward at this point.
Which is what he should be and the main reason why he had to get out of Pitt. He is not going to hurt you most of the time, but you can't expect too much from him.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Short sample size, but he’s alright. Has had some stints (about 1/5 shifts) with Gaudreau and Monahan but nothing spectacular. He’s mainly on the 4th line with Lucic and Ryan, so he’s probably not going to score. He’s our 12th/13th forward at this point.

Can't imagine having 9.0 on the 4th line is spelling confidence. I know Simon isn't counting much, but Lucic...Man, I feel for ya.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Good.

Felt like the Flames had too much of a short leash on him, making it nearly impossible to move up in the lineup.
I hope it lasts, but it seems like we caught lightning in a bottle here. McCann - Jankowski - Tanev just clicked instantly. In a season where almost nothing is working right so far on the Pens, that line is perfect.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
somehow more ape like.

Still better than

8478542.jpg

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
So, how do you guys see the PK forwards shaking out with Kap in the fold? That's a big part of his game.

I'd assume Jankowski and Blueger are locks for faceoff ability. Then i'd probably go Tanev and Kapanen. That leaves Scevior as a 5th man, as well as ZAR when he returns. That's a nice position to be in as it allows us to ice players on the 4th line that contribute in other ways than just the PK. You could have say an O'Connor - Blueger - Rodrigues line if you wanted.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So, how do you guys see the PK forwards shaking out with Kap in the fold? That's a big part of his game.

I'd assume Jankowski and Blueger are locks for faceoff ability. Then i'd probably go Tanev and Kapanen. That leaves Scevior as a 5th man, as well as ZAR when he returns. That's a nice position to be in as it allows us to ice players on the 4th line that contribute in other ways than just the PK. You could have say an O'Connor - Blueger - Rodrigues line if you wanted.

Blueger - Tanev
McCann - Sceviour
Jankowski - Kapanen

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
@LOGiK I didn't know the Flyers had played 2 more games after us. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

Reactions: LOGiK

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
“Chaotic” is a lot more fun than “lacking any defensive structure whatsoever”. Giving up the occasional 3 v 0 should put you in the lower right corner or at least the bottom middle.

We are getting good chances too. We are moving in the right direction towards good from memory of the last chart I saw.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Tanev doesn't pass the eye test to me as a top 6. Maybe a spot role a few shifts but not as permanent member.

I really like the player but I was pretty dissappointed in his playoff run last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad