OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
IIRC, by 2005, which is the timestamp on the thread @Randy Butternubs linked, Lesky had become a Pens board meme but didn't post much. I remember him being more active a few years earlier.
You know which user name I remember? Well names...

Lionel Hutz for obvious Simpsons reasons.
Then Transplanted Caper (?) because I hate the taste of capers, so I for some reason remember that one.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t care what @ColePens said. This is the content that keeps HFPens from collapsing in on itself like the other team’s boards.
Can't trust a ZAR and Coldplay super fan, mate.

I will admit, I am surprised we only have 1 injury 3 games in and of course, it's the new guy, it's like an initiation to be a Penguin.

"He's trying to jump on a moving train, so to speak, but I thought he did a pretty good job," Sullivan said.
Kapanen Practices with Penguins

tenor.gif

Is this the train Sullivan is speaking of?

I still don't like that Czuczman was called up to the Taxi Squad.

LH - Riikola, POJ, Czuczman
RH - Ruhwedel, Ceci

I thought Vellucci said POJ was far more ready than he thought.

Last edited:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I still don't like that Czuczman was called up to the Taxi Squad.

LH - Riikola, POJ, Czuczman
RH - Ruhwedel, Ceci

I thought Vellucci said POJ was far more ready than he thought.

A LD went on IR, so a LD was moved up to replace the spot since Riikola is now in the lineup full-time. I don't see what difference it makes. POJ will still be next in line if needed.

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
Crazy I've "known" some of you for almost 17 years. :laugh:

It really is crazy. I joined this board in June of 2005 to argue about Casey Pierro-Zabotel (lol) and its produced some of the more thought-provoking conversations I've had over a long period of time. I also spent a lot of time showing my whole ass in immature arguments with @Jacob and a bunch of other people that I'm happy still speak to me despite that.

In many ways I judge the success of myself as a writer by what the reaction of this board is to the things I have to say. So do other people, they just won't admit it.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So Boston has zero even strength goals in three games?!

Wha whaattt??

Kind of makes me feel less bad about the penguins and make me figure they actually do have a fighting chance this year.

The Pens can be better. They've played terribly. The talent is there. Cup? Who knows. Not dead last? If they play to potential, sure.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It really is crazy. I joined this board in June of 2005 to argue about Casey Pierro-Zabotel (lol) and its produced some of the more thought-provoking conversations I've had over a long period of time. I also spent a lot of time showing my whole ass in immature arguments with @Jacob and a bunch of other people that I'm happy still speak to me despite that.

In many ways I judge the success of myself as a writer by what the reaction of this board is to the things I have to say. So do other people, they just won't admit it.

I realized I had to join a forum when back in like 2006 I was sitting around with friends and was like "Man.. MAF has pretty poor rebound control" and they didn't understand what I was talking about. I always lurked HF/LetsGoPens.com so I joined. Found out real quick LGP.com hated any discussion that questioned MAF.

I was at my buddy's house and he signed into HF so that was when I said f*** it and just rolled HF. 100k posts later.... That is probably sad or fantastic. Or maybe both.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The Pens can be better. They've played terribly. The talent is there. Cup? Who knows. Not dead last? If they play to potential, sure.

Seeing other teams bumble just gives me hope.

Getting to the playoffs is one thing..... WINNING a playoff round is another...

Speaking of which, does anyone know the seeding format for post-season this year?

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, the early results in the year so far suggest that people shouldn't wildly jump to conclusions on a small sample size of games. Philly got blown out by Buffalo last night, after Buffalo was mostly dismantled by a Capitals team that looked pretty crappy against the Penguins. You had the Islanders and Rangers basically alternate blowouts as well.

The season is early and everyone is rusty due to no training camp. No one's going to hit the ground running considering the circumstances.

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Yeah, this is kinda what I figured when I saw the Lafferty news. Figured it meant that ZAR was close to returning.

Really interested to see POJ practicing with the big squad too. Wonder what that's about, I think POJ needs to be moved onto the active roster to practice with the team.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Lol no one in the * East division managed to stay perfect through 3 games. The parity in this league is insane.

Hockey games are basically 50/50 at this point.

(edited original post * because I don't get royalties for advertising)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I realized I had to join a forum when back in like 2006 I was sitting around with friends and was like "Man.. MAF has pretty poor rebound control" and they didn't understand what I was talking about. I always lurked HF/LetsGoPens.com so I joined. Found out real quick LGP.com hated any discussion that questioned MAF.

I was at my buddy's house and he signed into HF so that was when I said f*** it and just rolled HF. 100k posts later.... That is probably sad or fantastic. Or maybe both.

Remember the MSN board days... I was a real ass..."Dedicated" but a moron. Maybe I still am to a degree? :laugh: Onward... Sucks, to not have people to discuss our view points in person. Most people around me except my son and the dek hockey community has little knowledge of the sport.

This has been by far the best experience.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Remember the MSN board days... I was a real ass..."Dedicated" but a moron. Maybe I still am to a degree? :laugh: Onward... Sucks, to not have people to discuss our view points in person. Most people around me except my son and the dek hockey community has little knowledge of the sport.

This has been by far the best experience.
Especially in the beginning, HF was FAR and away the most community-like Pens forum. That's up for debate nowadays :laugh: but that is an internet issue more than anything. LGP and other forums were like a middle school "cool kids" place.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, this is kinda what I figured when I saw the Lafferty news. Figured it meant that ZAR was close to returning.

Really interested to see POJ practicing with the big squad too. Wonder what that's about, I think POJ needs to be moved onto the active roster to practice with the team.

Return of the 9D phenomenon?

Cool kids? What about cool FRENCH-CANADIAN kids? Those are the best baby.

Oxymoron.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Especially in the beginning, HF was FAR and away the most community-like Pens forum. That's up for debate nowadays :laugh: but that is an internet issue more than anything. LGP and other forums were like a middle school "cool kids" place.

Message boards either got too big or died off to keep that community feeling for so long...either way I love that this has been one of the very few consistencies for more than half of my life.

I was 15 when I signed up here to draft Kari Lehtonen in a mock draft. Freshman year of high school. And I'm still posting gifs from the same selection of Simpsons seasons...
SBzRBTR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad