OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
LOL. Here is me with my floorball stick and ball in the air in the year of 2000 (and the pens gear of course, the little you could have over here at that point). I think thats proof enough since floorball does not exist in USA as far as I know, lol.

I am not Shawn :)

OMG, is that scythe in your hand!? What are you doing with that weapon and why are you pointing at me with a crazed look in your eye? HELP! Police! Pictures are violence.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
LOL. Here is me with my floorball stick and ball in the air in the year of 2000 (and the pens gear of course, the little you could have over here at that point). I think thats proof enough since floorball does not exist in USA as far as I know, lol.

I am not Shawn :)

I don’t care if you trashed an apartment once, but leaving your steel unprotected on a wooden floor?

I can’t even finish writing this... I’m so mad I’m shaking...

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Genuinely sad to see Lafferty get the boot since he’s a local boy but man has he been bad so far. You hate to see it.
For the vets, 2 weeks of prep for playing 5-10+ years is less of a rust issue than it is for a kid that needs those reps to work on their game when they're still developing. He's been bad, but there's a f***ing fat piece of context for why.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Alright folks.. the joke has gone on enough. Let's keep this thread about off-day Pens stuff :)
Coldplay is the Nickelback of pop music.

I bet you had a Creed phase, wanker.

What are the rules for practices? This team should be practicing every f***ing waking hour with scrimmages, it's 56 games, throw those son'bitches in for reps for intensity because right now, I am pretty sure Betty f***ing White has more intensity than these f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Coldplay is the Nickelback of pop music.

I bet you had a Creed phase, wanker.

What are the rules for practices? This team should be practicing every f***ing waking hour with scrimmages, it's 56 games, throw those son'bitches in for reps for intensity because right now, I am pretty sure Betty f***ing White has more intensity than these f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Back to hockey talk! I'll answer the Creed question in the OT thread. MY SACRIFICE.

HOCKEY TALK

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Desmith I Hope. He should play until he loses. Jarry will be fine.
I'd go CDS as well, give Jarry the Rangers game, by then he should have more than a few practices under him to sort out his timing. Unfortunately against the Breadman.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Who's net is it anyways...
DcgQaz.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'd go CDS as well, give Jarry the Rangers game, by then he should have more than a few practices under him to sort out his timing. Unfortunately against the Breadman.

Ya, CDS gets the nod. I think the team played a bit more aware with him in goal and he has some confidence.

Jarry will rebound but doesn't hurt to let him work on his game and see a therapist to talk about our defensive nightmare to open the season.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Ya, CDS gets the nod. I think the team played a bit more aware with him in goal and he has some confidence.

Jarry will rebound but doesn't hurt to let him work on his game and see a therapist to talk about our defensive nightmare to open the season.
Not more aware with him, it's more or less out of guilt they snapped out of it. They were playing like absolute shit in front of Jarry, when Jarry got pulled it was like a switch went off, like oh shit we just f***ed over our mate. Jarry was struggling but the way they hung him out to dry was like he owed them all money.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lol no one in the MassMutual East division managed to stay perfect through 3 games. The parity in this league is insane.

Or people overrated how deep this division is because of past performance and didn’t actually look at the rosters and the fact only two teams have established goaltenders and one of those teams basically let half of its top four defense walk.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Desmith I Hope. He should play until he loses. Jarry will be fine.

Wouldn't mind seeing DeSmith get consecutive games, but I don't think Jarry should sit for too much. He's gotta have a chance to erase 3 goals on 6 shots in around 10 minutes constantly being on his mind as his last performance.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I joined the Pittsburgh Penguins official forum (that could be found on their website) way back in 2004. Shawn Lesky was a poster there and he was super full of himself. He basically became a joke way back then. Here's a thread of made up Lesky facts: Random Facts about Shawn Lesky

@Mario_is_BACK!! and @Dennis Reynolds were posters there too. I'm sure they've got some stories. I'm also sure that other posters here at HFB were posters there too. Doing a little bit of searching...

Found a post by @Dennis Reynolds saying:

"Around 15+ years ago, before HF, when there was only the official Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board, there was a pompous poster by the name of Shawn Lesky. His legacy far too extensive to detail here."

From @Speaking Moistly

"I think he was some egomaniac from some long dead Pens board who wrote a long winded, self praising essay to himself for his 10,000th post."

From @KIRK

"'Best of 7' (ping pong, I think) and him creating a second username to agree with himself were my favorites."

From @Zen Arcade

"Just a self absorbed weirdo that was an extremely prolific poster on the old official Pens board. He had a thing for plastering his name and face all over everything, hence all of the pictures.

It's hard to really describe how weird of a dude he was unless you were there to see it first hand."

@BlindWillyMcHurt seems to know about him too.
Dang. Crazy seeing that old board.

I think @Zen Arcade 's description fits the best. As I recall Lesky was a small business owner in DuBois?

Anyone else here post back then?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I joined the Pittsburgh Penguins official forum (that could be found on their website) way back in 2004. Shawn Lesky was a poster there and he was super full of himself. He basically became a joke way back then. Here's a thread of made up Lesky facts: Random Facts about Shawn Lesky

@Mario_is_BACK!! and @Dennis Reynolds were posters there too. I'm sure they've got some stories. I'm also sure that other posters here at HFB were posters there too. Doing a little bit of searching...

Found a post by @Dennis Reynolds saying:

"Around 15+ years ago, before HF, when there was only the official Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board, there was a pompous poster by the name of Shawn Lesky. His legacy far too extensive to detail here."

From @Speaking Moistly

"I think he was some egomaniac from some long dead Pens board who wrote a long winded, self praising essay to himself for his 10,000th post."

From @KIRK

"'Best of 7' (ping pong, I think) and him creating a second username to agree with himself were my favorites."

From @Zen Arcade

"Just a self absorbed weirdo that was an extremely prolific poster on the old official Pens board. He had a thing for plastering his name and face all over everything, hence all of the pictures.

It's hard to really describe how weird of a dude he was unless you were there to see it first hand."

@BlindWillyMcHurt seems to know about him too.

I don’t care what @ColePens said. This is the content that keeps HFPens from collapsing in on itself like the other team’s boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad