CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Walman
Bordeleau

For

Kakko
Jones
Carrick

Walman solidifies the left side, Bordeleau is depth.

Kakko with new talented youngsters might help his game.

The cap works, probably off on value.
I've always liked Kakko, but we'd prefer a right shot RW. I don't love or hate this deal, but honestly we're probably better off just sticking with Walman. Jones and Carrick don't offer any real value to SJ.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I've always liked Kakko, but we'd prefer a right shot RW. I don't love or hate this deal, but honestly we're probably better off just sticking with Walman. Jones and Carrick don't offer any real value to SJ.

IMO, Jones and Carrick offer offer depth, that would enable more moves to build.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
NYR get:

Granlund 5M UFA 2025

2025 2nd

SJ get:

Kakko 2.4M RFA 2025

Miller 3.872M RFA 2025

NYR get the best player in the deal and an early 2nd. Granlund should be a decent add for their window. SJ get 2 young upcoming players who will fit their rebuild. NYR doesnt have the cap to resign all their guys.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
NYR get:

Granlund 5M UFA 2025

2025 2nd

SJ get:

Kakko 2.4M RFA 2025

Miller 3.872M RFA 2025

NYR get the best player in the deal and an early 2nd. Granlund should be a decent add for their window. SJ get 2 young upcoming players who will fit their rebuild. NYR doesnt have the cap to resign all their guys.
NO value of KK + KAM collectively more and prefer them to Gran
also
after jettisoning Trouba, Lindgren, Vesey this yr and bread before end of next season agrees to waive to avoid ugly scene [he is not sniffing 11.6 again] that IS enuf to resign, even if we do a big # of Shesty, which is not a given

Kakko is needed for when Panarin leaves

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kakko is no Panarin. He is more like 1/3 of a Stone.
You are entirely missing the pt
KK = effective and functional depth on a productive line
we do not have sufficient reserve ready to replace if we recognize
1RW = held for Gabe P
bread is gonna go b'c Rs not paying anywhere near 11.6 for him
we do not have depth w/ready replacements
plus we like what we have

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I can see something with Rangers and Walman. Don’t think Bystedt needs to be I be involved here. That’s kind of a weird inclusion

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Kakko would be like your second best forward.
Don't be ridiculous, he isn't better than Eklund, Granlund, Toffoli, Zetterlund, or Celebrini. I think you know better than to respond to that poster with something just as silly.

What exactly do any of these trade proposals do for the Sharks? We can't trade Walman without getting a better defenseman in return, as Walman is literally our only D who has an argument to be called top-4. I would have time for Zac Jones if he were coming for a mid-round pick, but we simply cannot downgrade from Walman to him. Trading Bystedt for anything but an equivalent RHD prospect makes absolutely no sense, because he's quite literally the perfect 3C prospect: 6'4", great skater, strong defensively, good pace, great on faceoffs, excellent PKer, and putting up more than a PPG in the AHL as a 20 year old. Othmann is a fine prospect but we have plenty of LW prospects and young players between Eklund, Musty, Bordeleau, Chernyshov, and Gushchin, he really does nothing for us compared to Bystedt.

We're done with the tear-down where you just trade anyone for anything. At this point, the only trades we should be making are either ones that give us meaningful futures (Granlund at the deadline) or legitimate upgrades to the team that don't sacrifice significant future pieces. None of the trades I've seen in this thread do either of those things for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad