Proposal: NYR - SJ again

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As a Rangers fan I don't think I'd mind for this to happen.....though we'd have to make some cap space. Walman's a pretty decent D and I don't know if I'd value Othmann over Bystedt at all. Filip is a pretty damn good prospect. Honestly I think we would probably have to add.

I'll add this Othmann had a very good first year pro. But a caveat for me as far as his AHL production is too much came on the power play and not enough at even strength. I also don't think he was as close to making the Rangers as some might think. I don't see him having much impact as a 4th line guy. I prefer all of Carrick, Edstrom, Brodzinski, Vesey and even Rempe (who was just sent down) over him as a 4th liner......and probably Berard too. The Rangers 3rd line have been playing fantastic so there really is no spot for him now and barring injury(ies) for this year. I liked Berard's training camp better. That doesn't mean that Brennan isn't a very good prospect but he needs to improve some more. He's a very young player though. Another issue is he's a natural LW on a team deep in LW's.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad