Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Would love to get Podz in Vancouver another Russian on the team…

not sure the Canucks have the pieces to get it done though.

Im sure they would. Cant see his value being high.

Id be more than satisfied if they got their asking price for him but not expecting it.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
He did go back to Russia. Undoubtedly a move by him to stick it to NYR. His camp probably knows that by doing so his value for NYR in a trade will tank and that they'll eventually either trade him for nothing or terminate his contract. At which point some dumbass GM like Dubas or whoever is drowning in the cap can sign him to a league minimum prove me deal where he'll inevitably score 25 goals/50 points and then go get paid somewhere else.

Seen this song and dance many times

They will never terminate his contract.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Hes a potential top 6 talent and the starting ask is a potential top 6 talent. Makes a lot of sense actually.
Hes done nothing to show hes even an NHL player. Why would a team give a potential top six talent for him?

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Its just a starting ask that's perfectly reasonable. Perhaps there's a team out there who also has a potential top 6 player who needs a change of scenery or isnt quite living up to expectations
Most teams potential top 6 forwards are not going to leave to the KHL if they don’t make the team

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He would have been a big part of the trade if it actually happened. Good thing we signed Zib before this happened though. Still has value, but it’s definitely tanked.

thinking he would have been a big part of the trade is why no trade happened. And why Drury is a joke

Reactions: is the answer jesus

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
He did go back to Russia. Undoubtedly a move by him to stick it to NYR. His camp probably knows that by doing so his value for NYR in a trade will tank and that they'll eventually either trade him for nothing or terminate his contract. At which point some dumbass GM like Dubas or whoever is drowning in the cap can sign him to a league minimum prove me deal where he'll inevitably score 25 goals/50 points and then go get paid somewhere else.

Seen this song and dance many times
Wouldn’t that make that GM smart?
Getting that kind of production for league min and then more assets for the player when he is traded/signed elsewhere.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
This guy is massively entitled already at young age. Remember last year? Basically going to be a massive problem at contract negotiations. Red flag city.
Teams won't pay what he is worth to NYR in trade.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Prospect with a huge ego unable to crack an NHL roster for a couple years running now, and now demanding a trade?

I wouldn't pay more than a 3rd tbh

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
to like…pick him up at the airport when they trade assets with value…or?

Kravtsov++++

Thus me saying something like, Kravtsov, Schneider, Georgiev, 1st 2022, 1st 2023 and 2nd 2022 for Jack Eichel.

But I mean if not Eichel, I'd say Kravtsov for an asset to make the Rangers better or for another prospect.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Pulju before this year was valued as a 3rd round pick and Pulju had shown more previously. Kravtsov is wirth a 3rd at best

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Wouldn’t that make that GM smart?
Getting that kind of production for league min and then more assets for the player when he is traded/signed elsewhere.

Was more referring to how he cap strapped his team so badly that they couldn't even afford to call up a backup goalie from the Marlies

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Was more referring to how he cap strapped his team so badly that they couldn't even afford to call up a backup goalie from the Marlies
There are about 8-10 teams in the same position right now.
What did that cost his team? They have a backup called up now and it doesn’t count against the cap. And the Ebug didn’t have to play. Big deal…..

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Prospect with a huge ego unable to crack an NHL roster for a couple years running now, and now demanding a trade?

I wouldn't pay more than a 3rd tbh
I think the Ranger need to keep that guy or it will haunt them. What if the Oiler gave away Puljujarvi when he went to Finland and wouldn't come back.

Reactions: Rorschach

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Let him sit.

This is worse for him than the Rangers.

Hes not been an integral part of the team. Hes played a grand total of 20 NHL games.

You can't miss something you never really had.

This move hurts him a whole hell of a lot more than it hurts the Rangers. His absence doesn't even sting.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Its just a starting ask that's perfectly reasonable. Perhaps there's a team out there who also has a potential top 6 player who needs a change of scenery or isnt quite living up to expectations
I’d give Rasmussen. More NHL guarantee but less potential. Neither has lived up to their draft pedigree at all.

we would have to find another winger to trade first though to make room for Kratsov

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It was literally his choice to attend, it’s not like they should’ve given him a spot just because he ditched his sisters wedding.

Also you’re gonna hate your employer when you realize that you don’t just get free days because you got a wedding to attend, even in 9 to 5 job.
Any company I have worked for/anyone I know of who has worked for has given the day off for their immediate family’s wedding. That’s (supposed to be) a once in a life time thing.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Hes done nothing to show hes even an NHL player. Why would a team give a potential top six talent for him?
There's the professional role in hockey called scouting. If there is interest in the kid, I'm sure it's because some professionals determined he is worth it because Kravtsov is also a potential top six talent. I mean, what a weird statement. What has a potential top six talent ever done to show that they are even an NHL player? Oh btw, Kravtsov has this record in the KHL for most points by a U21 Player. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
There's the professional role in hockey called scouting. If there is interest in the kid, I'm sure it's because some professionals determined he is worth it because Kravtsov is also a potential top six talent. I mean, what a weird statement. What has a potential top six talent ever done to show that they are even an NHL player? Oh btw, Kravtsov has this record in the KHL for most points by a U21 Player. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Am I missing something or are Ovechkin, Malkin, etc. Conveniently being left out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad