Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
Didnt want to pay Buch and Blais looks pretty damn good so far

upload_2021-10-13_21-6-22.png

upload_2021-10-13_21-7-11.png

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

Yes. No question Buch is a much better offensive player. I was (and am) a massive Buchnevich fan. I didn't want to trade him, but the writing on the wall was clear as day. He was even taking steps to develop his defensive game to become a more complete player. I do believe that St. Louis got the better player and effectively "won" the trade.

Last year, we had top-6 talent (or guys with top-6 upside) - Buch, Strome, Zib, Panarin, Kakko, Laf, Kravtsov, Chytil, etc.

The problem is that we didn't have those character guys who play the physical game and go to the dirty areas and support the offensive guys. Nor did it look like a top-6 spot would open up for the younger guys.

DiGiuseppe, Gauthier, Rooney, Lemieux, Howden, Blackwell...that's not a strong supporting cast. It was still our top-6 players on the PK, for example. More usage, more fatigue, more injuries, etc.

The bottom-6 now has a lot more skill and physicality this year. There is more balance throughout the lineup, guys can easily shift around, and it is a bit better in terms of future salary outlook as well. It remains to be seen how it actually works out in the season, but I do see what Drury was aiming for.

TL;DR - When Rangers fans says Blais looks pretty damn good so far, they mean that he is the type of player that we were lacking last year. Not that he is better than Buchnevich.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
What are the "holes" to be filled in the Rangers' forward lineup? Sounds like it's mostly in the bottom-6.
The bottom six is what needed to be adjusted. We did just that and he didn’t fit in otherwise. He was given every opportunity to steal a spot out of camp and he wasn’t able to do it. So he got sent down with a few other guys who frankly out worked him and had a better camp then he did. We just don’t have spots available for them. He could have sucked it up and possibly forced his way up by American thanksgiving but he would rather cry and ask for a trade.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
5.8m caphit vs 1.5m caphit.

This isn't rocket science guys.

The constant crowing about the Rangers "trading away all of their skill" is insane to me. I love Buchnevich and wish he could've kept him but in a flat cap world, Zibanejad and Fox extensions looming and Kakko/Lafreniere as top 6 wingers ready to take his minutes, it was not exactly a surprise that Buch was moved.

The return was underwhelming but losing Buch=traded away all of their skill has become a stupid meme at this point. Is a team with Panarin, Zibanejad, Kakko, Lafreniere, Chytil, Kreider and Fox really that hard up for skill? Because they traded one player away? The reaction was as if they traded Panarin, Zibanejad and Fox for Colton Orr, Zac Rinaldo and Cody McLeod or something. Give me a break.

They replaced Buchnevich with Kakko moving up the lineup, then replaced Kakko's bottom 6 role with a player more suited to it in Blais and then brought in Goodrow as a swiss army knife/PK guy and Reaves as an energy 4th line guy. This team is still very heavy on skill.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Yes. No question Buch is a much better offensive player. I was (and am) a massive Buchnevich fan. I didn't want to trade him, but the writing on the wall was clear as day. He was even taking steps to develop his defensive game to become a more complete player. I do believe that St. Louis got the better player and effectively "won" the trade.

Last year, we had top-6 talent (or guys with top-6 upside) - Buch, Strome, Zib, Panarin, Kakko, Laf, Kravtsov, Chytil, etc.

The problem is that we didn't have those character guys who play the physical game and go to the dirty areas and support the offensive guys. Nor did it look like a top-6 spot would open up for the younger guys.

DiGiuseppe, Gauthier, Rooney, Lemieux, Howden, Blackwell...that's not a strong supporting cast. It was still our top-6 players on the PK, for example. More usage, more fatigue, more injuries, etc.

The bottom-6 now has a lot more skill and physicality this year. There is more balance throughout the lineup, guys can easily shift around, and it is a bit better in terms of future salary outlook as well. It remains to be seen how it actually works out in the season, but I do see what Drury was aiming for.

TL;DR - When Rangers fans says Blais looks pretty damn good so far, they mean that he is the type of player that we were lacking last year. Not that he is better than Buchnevich.

This. Plus, Blais was only a part of the return. The 2nd rounder in what is, by all accounts, a draft absurdly deep with talent next year was likely a bigger part of the return than Blais. I wanted the Rangers to hold off, sign Buch to his eventual arbitration number (because the cap isn't a problem this season) and then trade him with retention at the deadline for a presumably bigger return, but that would have been a gamble, too (injury, etc). I'll reserve judgement on the trade until we see who we get with that draft pick and how they turn out.

Reactions: Charlie Conway

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
5.8m caphit vs 1.5m caphit.

This isn't rocket science guys.

The constant crowing about the Rangers "trading away all of their skill" is insane to me. I love Buchnevich and wish he could've kept him but in a flat cap world, Zibanejad and Fox extensions looming and Kakko/Lafreniere as top 6 wingers ready to take his minutes, it was not exactly a surprise that Buch was moved.

The return was underwhelming but losing Buch=traded away all of their skill has become a stupid meme at this point. Is a team with Panarin, Zibanejad, Kakko, Lafreniere, Chytil, Kreider and Fox really that hard up for skill? Because they traded one player away? The reaction was as if they traded Panarin, Zibanejad and Fox for Colton Orr, Zac Rinaldo and Cody McLeod or something. Give me a break.

They replaced Buchnevich with Kakko moving up the lineup, then replaced Kakko's bottom 6 role with a player more suited to it in Blais and then brought in Goodrow as a swiss army knife/PK guy and Reaves as an energy 4th line guy. This team is still very heavy on skill.
Yup still very skilled but why decide the bottom 6 must be all a certain type of skill set . Fact of the matter is that the Rangers have got rid of skilled players for once’s that are not as skilled . Their overall skill level has decreased since the start of last season . We will see if this is fir the best or not . I’m hoping it’s fir the worse lol

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s cruel but also likely true. It lacks tact.

You are aware the poster you are quoting admitted that what he said was based on factually inaccurate information. The only person, besides him, looking bad is people like you that back that nonsense.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’m convinced Drury was hired for the sole purpose of pissing me off at this point.
better to be pissed off than pissed on

A guy that I'd really like Ottawa to take a flyer on.

Big, skilled RW that fits the age of the core. For a 2nd or a 3rd it seems like a no brainer.
no no no no
Krav is gonna cost, whoever pays

Could the Oilers swing a deal? What might the ask be?
All teams try to make a deal for profit, not to break even.
NY's best move is hold him for now, and asa roster space is created, promote.
There is a wound w/a scar that could have been avoided, which is not desirable long term, but it is a workable situation.

Having said that, and given we are ok but moving big $ vets for other needs, the prob answer is Krav + for Broberg +
That is a prob in that we have too many D atm, but somebody [KAM or Broberg] could be moved.

Our GM is terrible. He sends down Kravtsov who's a promising RW (we're not exactly stacked on the RW...) due to Drury is afraid to lose Hajek who's an AHL player at this point.

The first time we demoted him, he went to Russia.

Now we trade our best RW and then we send him to the AHL because we're afraid someone will pick 2 AHLers (Hajek & Gauthier) if we waive them.

High risk, no reward type of move.

Vitali is full of himself but at the same time it's kind of disrespectful to get demoted by 2 AHLers after all of this.
We traded Buch b'c we could not afford to pay him what he deserved.
Has nothing to do w/Krav
Gauthier deserves a spot and would get scooped up.

Drury got a lot done but w/exp dr this yr, less time for clubs to settle in.
Krav is victim of bad timing.
We need to move Strome, who whatev, like/dislike, we can't afford long term.
Also Geo + Hajek for starters.

I don’t think so at all. Gauthier doesn’t play physical, he just simply outplayed Kravtsov in pre-season and is a Gallant type player
I disagree Gauthier doesn't play physical.

Yeah he should have some shit thrown at him. But so should Drury.

Drury demoted a top 10 pick who plays on a position we're thin (RW) because he was afraid of losing Hajek/Gauthier to waivers... that's horrible asset management. Just wave Hajek and this doesn't happen.

Or trade Kravtsov before demoting him, talk about ruining his value
Like I said, timing is bad for most deals b'c GMs settling down on rosters, seeing what cap is left, etc.
Waiving Hajek is to waste a key element return to a major deal, who, I would otherwise agree with you, except he looked all world for 4 games before his shoulder separation then we effed up.

Smartest thing if Kravtsov is traded is to play him here and build up his value.

What do the rangers even want? Most teams would most likely need to trade a roster player to make room for Kravtsov at this point in the season since most rosters are set.
Thanks for helping make my pt as to bad timing,
Everbody gotta chill a few wks

Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider, Lafreniere, Kakko and Strome is the top 6.

Goodrow and Chytil make up 2/3rds of the 3rd line.

Blais was better than Kravtsov by far this preseason.

VK is not a 4th liner.

The numbers didn't add up for him.

While I get him being mad, and I understand him reading the writings on the wall and asking for a trade.

He needed to go to Hartford, play well to facilitate a trade.

He and his reps did not handle this well.

1. Strome needs to be sold high as soon as the picture clears.
2. K is not a 4th liner. So we can understand when our effing idiot coach Quinn says he's not a 4th liner, but then played him mostly 4th line.

Kravtsov is right to be pissed and not entirely trust upper mgmt at this pt, and Drury needs to make space and then promote this kid.
He has enough talent and will be fine if he gets a fair shot.
The other thing, that would be smart, is to listen to me and try him at C w/Panarin and Blais/Goodrow. It's an experiment, worst that could happen is he goes back to W.

Bern more than any of them

Georgeleafer would need to be talked down from the ledge if Debrincat was traded haha
someone taking my name in vain?

Nooooooooooooo not the bluest of blue chiperinos!!!!!!
Correct, we are not dealing bluest of blue chips at a loss

Would you be willing to part with Kerfoot and Dermott?
You'd have to get a hold of NYR trade negotiator Bernmeister to work out details.
Most respectful, and would like to oblige your kindness, but bern is busy getting his academic work that might save the world reviewed.
More on that later.

night peeps!

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
better to be pissed off than pissed on

no no no no
Krav is gonna cost, whoever pays

All teams try to make a deal for profit, not to break even.
NY's best move is hold him for now, and asa roster space is created, promote.
There is a wound w/a scar that could have been avoided, which is not desirable long term, but it is a workable situation.

Having said that, and given we are ok but moving big $ vets for other needs, the prob answer is Krav + for Broberg +
That is a prob in that we have too many D atm, but somebody [KAM or Broberg] could be moved.

We traded Buch b'c we could not afford to pay him what he deserved.
Has nothing to do w/Krav
Gauthier deserves a spot and would get scooped up.

Drury got a lot done but w/exp dr this yr, less time for clubs to settle in.
Krav is victim of bad timing.
We need to move Strome, who whatev, like/dislike, we can't afford long term.
Also Geo + Hajek for starters.

I disagree Gauthier doesn't play physical.

Like I said, timing is bad for most deals b'c GMs settling down on rosters, seeing what cap is left, etc.
Waiving Hajek is to waste a key element return to a major deal, who, I would otherwise agree with you, except he looked all world for 4 games before his shoulder separation then we effed up.

Smartest thing if Kravtsov is traded is to play him here and build up his value.

Thanks for helping make my pt as to bad timing,
Everbody gotta chill a few wks

1. Strome needs to be sold high as soon as the picture clears.
2. K is not a 4th liner. So we can understand when our effing idiot coach Quinn says he's not a 4th liner, but then played him mostly 4th line.

Kravtsov is right to be pissed and not entirely trust upper mgmt at this pt, and Drury needs to make space and then promote this kid.
He has enough talent and will be fine if he gets a fair shot.
The other thing, that would be smart, is to listen to me and try him at C w/Panarin and Blais/Goodrow. It's an experiment, worst that could happen is he goes back to W.

someone taking my name in vain?

Correct, we are not dealing bluest of blue chips at a loss

Most respectful, and would like to oblige your kindness, but bern is busy getting his academic work that might save the world reviewed.
More on that later.

night peeps!
I need your financial ideas post you mentioned Bern

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I need your financial ideas post you mentioned Bern

to be clear I am not a CFP certified financial planner
If you need one, let's talk I may be able to refer you.

I am an academic
have theory on how to restructure the international monetary system
make capitalism more efficient, conscionable, altruistic as a result
based on changing to correct method to value money
primer on this theory can be made available now

will try to get to you this w'e, pls remind if nec

pm/start convo, anyone interested

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I’m higher on Järventie than most people, and i wouldn’t do that trade if it was up to me, tbh.

Sorry, do you mean Jarventie isn't enough, or that you wouldn't trade him?

I'm not high on Jarventie tbh, but part of why I'd doffer him is because we have Brady, Stuetzle, Formenton, Paul, Ennis, Sanford, Sokolov, and Greig who are either natural LW or can play LW. Jarventie is a natural LW.

On RW we have Batherson, Brown, and Ennis and that's about it in terms of noteworthy guys. Adding a RW in Kravtsov would be a good idea IMO.

I do get why NYR wouldn't do it. Just figured I'd offer it since it's a recent almost 1st round pick, and that's more 'value' than what a lot of other posts seem to be giving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad