Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Odd that they're just looking for top 6 talent considering they have no room for anymore top 6 talent, hence this predicament in the first place. Would've imagined they'd be looking for a young center or a recently drafted player to help lessen the log jam.

Just looking at the roster construction, it seems pretty clear that they hoped Kravtsov would grab a top-6 spot in camp (which would have made the top 9 wingers: Laf/Krav, Panarin/Kakko, and Kreider/Goodrow, with Kreider getting his usual minutes in front of the net on PP1). The first problem happened when Krav didn't look like a top 6 player in camp. The second problem happened when Sammy Blais then out-played him for the other 3rd line wing spot. They don't want Krav in the press box or on the 4th line, so it only made sense for him to play top line in Hartford for a few weeks to address the issues the coach saw in his game. If he hadn't been such a diva about the whole thing, he'd likely have been back up by December, playing with Laf and Zibanejad, and pushing Kreider down to 3LW (and Blais down to 4LW). Kreider as the top line RW is not, and was never meant to be, a long term solution.

Reactions: PAZ

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Why's he gotta be a RW, would love to scoop up this type of prospect for the Leafs LW and hope it works out since, while a gamble, it usually seems worth the attempt. Really curious as to what his actual value turns out to be, gotta think its more than Lias went for haha.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Let him sit or return to Russia. Retain his rights and when he matures bring him back or make a deal then. I dont think the Rangers will get fair value for him.
The kid is a victim of waiver protection numbers and is too immature to accept the fact. If anyone had a gripe it was Jones. Jones played like the Rangers top D man in preseason and showed loads of NHL talent, yet he went to Hartford without the dramatics.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Why's he gotta be a RW, would love to scoop up this type of prospect for the Leafs LW and hope it works out since, while a gamble, it usually seems worth the attempt. Really curious as to what his actual value turns out to be, gotta think its more than Lias went for haha.

me too. I doubt the rangers are going to give him away. He still holds value as a good prospect with good size/hands/ speed.
I don’t think drury cares too much If he holds him. Especially if he didn’t make our starting roster out of the gate anyway.
Maybe 2nd rd pick and small add or a 1-1 for another disgruntled guy, like Laine for PLD

dKs89

Oct 22, 2016
You gotta love the delusional posters who somehow seriously believe that the player is just getting screwed because of the flexibility it gives the Rangers in terms of not having to lose players to waivers.

No doubt the same posters would be crying about "asset management" had they lost one of the waiver eligible players to a claim if Kravtsov performed better and truly earned his spot. Which by the way, he clearly did not, for those that somehow genuinely want to believe a team that has high ambitions would somehow want to field a worse roster. Yeah I'm sure all those in NYR management just don't care about their jobs whatsoever and actively want to sabotage themselves :)

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
You gotta love the delusional posters who somehow seriously believe that the player is just getting screwed because of the flexibility it gives the Rangers in terms of not having to lose players to waivers.

No doubt the same posters would be crying about "asset management" had they lost one of the waiver eligible players to a claim if Kravtsov performed better and truly earned his spot. Which by the way, he clearly did not, for those that somehow genuinely want to believe a team that has high ambitions would somehow want to field a worse roster. Yeah I'm sure all those in NYR management just don't care about their jobs whatsoever and actively want to sabotage themselves :)
kravtsov can play top 9 right now.
He’s not going to start a head of kreider or Kakko, but him and Blais/Goodrow is very close.
The 2 play different styles. Gallant wants a more straight away hard nosed 3rd/4th lines. No surprise Blais/Goodrow fills the role better.
The rangers rather not lose/trade kravtsov at this point. He’s NHL ready and has a high ceiling if he can reach it. He’s the one asking for a trade,
Drury hasn’t been offering him around all over

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I don't know where Jay O'Brien fits into the Flyers plans, but I know that when O'Brien was drafted, the Rangers really wanted him. I'm wondering what could be worked around O'Brien and Kravtsov. Yeah yeah 'interdivisional' teams, but Schmuck Felcher has no problems trading with teams in the division. I think there's a foundation there for a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad