Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
While it turned out to be a steal for the Rangers, I thought they overpaid for a player that navigated his way here.
That was kind of a weird situation. Fox wasn’t just wanting a trade. He would only come to NYR.
The only reason we payed that extra 2nd was to get him a year early and have him start developing in NYR organization a year early.
Could we have just waited? Sure. But it worked out well for us.
A lot could go on it a full year. Not that I think fox would have changed his mind on the destination he wanted, but why risk having him get an injury or have something go wrong in that window.
Everyone knew he had top 4 talent, but no one expected him to be this good this quick.
I don’t blame NYR for wanting him there as fast as possible. With our luck, why take a chance over a 2nd rd pick that was conditional to boot

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Factor in the headcase entitlement factor and team need and Oilers pass easy with Pulju, Yama, Bourgault and even Holloway options for top 6 wing going forward. Oilers need Broberg to be a top 4 NHL LD in 2 yrs.

Kravtsov could be the secondary piece in a Broberg for KA Miller swap or swapped straight up for Ryan McLeod

Thanks for courtesy of reply.
This is new.
Up until this very minute, all I hear is EDM has zilch F depth = why Holloway not available.
Am surprised that suddenly, the guys you listed can now adequately cut the mustard and you don't need to add to them.

As to the bold, dream on.

Granted, KAM is not as speedy or smooth a skater as Broberg who also has nice height, but Krav is not the dif there assuming other factors do warrant Broberg over KAM.

Kravtsov is a secondary piece for a higher guy like Sanderson, were he to be made available, which is not the case at present. He is not a secondary for Broberg.

Last word before I run.
This is a 9OA for an 8OA.
Similarly physically gifted.
I'm throwing in a serviceable LD who is cheap and also
a very good bottom 6 guy, also cheap.

I get people wanna drive the price down, but reality says
hold it

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
What do you guys think about a Hayton-Kravstov swap ?

Maybe NYR would have to add a little bit but overall two prospect that haven't been able to crack the starting line-up and were drafter by a GM that have left their club.

Hayton
vs
Kravstov + Cond Pick
I can see this being the basis for a deal. Krav has value and talent. But it is lessened due to the public trade request and failure to report. This is also the 2nd time he pulled this shit.
He’s an NHL player right now for sure. How good he can become will vary depending on if he hits his ceiling or not.
With Hayton, if he can’t be a top 6 center, He’s kind of useless. He’s a smaller guy and not really overly physical or plays a real physical game so he’s not really someone you’d want in the bottom 6.
We’ve seen our share of small talented guys here in NY. There are a plethora of them on every team and it usually leads to playing in the KHL or somewhere over seas. Dawes, Prucha, etc
To make this trade, our scouts/ Drury must be confident that there’s a 50/50 shot or better that Hayton develops into that top 6 C were looking for. Otherwise, it makes sense to just get a 2nd rd pick instead and draft a guy they like or use it as currency to maybe move up in the draft

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
that's a good first step but they have to make a roster spot
YESTERDAY

Deal Strome/Hajek NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

odds are Gallant was just covering his ass doing what the coach is supposed to do.
If reports are True that drury had words with Kravy about his compete level/training last year, the possibility of a return to NY remains next to nothing imo.
The longer this goes and the more time that passes without Krav playing hockey, the more I’d expect a draft pick in return.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Thanks for courtesy of reply.
This is new.
Up until this very minute, all I hear is EDM has zilch F depth = why Holloway not available.
Am surprised that suddenly, the guys you listed can now adequately cut the mustard and you don't need to add to them.

As to the bold, dream on.

Granted, KAM is not as speedy or smooth a skater as Broberg who also has nice height, but Krav is not the dif there assuming other factors do warrant Broberg over KAM.

Kravtsov is a secondary piece for a higher guy like Sanderson, were he to be made available, which is not the case at present. He is not a secondary for Broberg.

Last word before I run.
This is a 9OA for an 8OA.
Similarly physically gifted.
I'm throwing in a serviceable LD who is cheap and also
a very good bottom 6 guy, also cheap.

I get people wanna drive the price down, but reality says
hold it
Zilch forward D in Edmonton was last season. With RNH extended and additions of Hyman and Foegele and development of Puljujarvi it has turned from team weakness to its biggest strength. Defense is horrible and goaltending aging.

Broberg will still fetch a mid to late 1st but with his antics there is no way Kravtsov is netting anything close to it. He is still a good talent no doubt and impact wise should be close to what Broberg will bring but I'm sure you know that no one is paying that for this asset.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I can see this being the basis for a deal. Krav has value and talent. But it is lessened due to the public trade request and failure to report. This is also the 2nd time he pulled this shit.
He’s an NHL player right now for sure. How good he can become will vary depending on if he hits his ceiling or not.
With Hayton, if he can’t be a top 6 center, He’s kind of useless. He’s a smaller guy and not really overly physical or plays a real physical game so he’s not really someone you’d want in the bottom 6.
We’ve seen our share of small talented guys here in NY. There are a plethora of them on every team and it usually leads to playing in the KHL or somewhere over seas. Dawes, Prucha, etc
To make this trade, our scouts/ Drury must be confident that there’s a 50/50 shot or better that Hayton develops into that top 6 C were looking for. Otherwise, it makes sense to just get a 2nd rd pick instead and draft a guy they like or use it as currency to maybe move up in the draft
He’s 6’2 205lbs, but yeah, smallish.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He’s 6’2 205lbs, but yeah, smallish.
Hah there’s not a shot he’s 205 when I watched him play last year, I think someone is inflating his size a bit, unless he had a growth spurt... but he sure doesn’t play physical.
Hes also still young, so a lot is gona depend on what they think he can possibly be if things go well for him.
From what I saw of him last season, he was both physically overmatched and just not ready for NHL duty.
He has a good shot when he has time to get it off though

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Hah there’s not a shot he’s 205 when I watched him play last year, I think someone is inflating his size a bit, unless he had a growth spurt... but he sure doesn’t play physical.
Hes also still young, so a lot is gona depend on what they think he can possibly be if things go well for him.
From what I saw of him last season, he was both physically overmatched and just not ready for NHL duty.
He has a good shot when he has time to get it off though

My younger brother is 6'4 and ostensibly skinny as a twig, but he's over 200 pounds. When you're tall, lanky, and very physically active it's hard to estimate weight, since areas like the neck and chest don't widen as much due to the increased length of each muscle along with the fat-burn of high-intensity aerobics. Chara is like 260, but he's still svelte. A lot of muscle weight for hockey players is also in the legs, which isn't really apparent most of the time.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
odds are Gallant was just covering his ass doing what the coach is supposed to do.
If reports are True that drury had words with Kravy about his compete level/training last year, the possibility of a return to NY remains next to nothing imo.
The longer this goes and the more time that passes without Krav playing hockey, the more I’d expect a draft pick in return.

you are prob right in this instance, which is all the more reason for
Drury to do what is in his power to salvage this mess

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I think it’s funny how Rangers fans want to keep Kravtsov so bad, that they would trade their 3rd best scorer in order to secure a spot for him, despite him not really showing anything at NHL level, and wanting to leave.

and at the same time in other side of new york, Buffalo fans can’t wait to lose their best player.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I think it’s funny how Rangers fans want to keep Kravtsov so bad, that they would trade their 3rd best scorer in order to secure a spot for him, despite him not really showing anything at NHL level, and wanting to leave.

and at the same time in other side of new york, Buffalo fans can’t wait to lose their best player.
Not all Rangers fans

Reactions: Devonator

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

underline: disingenuous in that as established, long term Strome can't stay; need to apply his cap to Fox, LaF + KK extensions. Kindly bend buckle and break in acknowledging that and stop with false narrative. Also we are not gonna self rent this guy and let him walk for nothing.

Strome has not been dealt yet b'c of timing. That will change over the next month-ish.

bold: not true.
Idiot Quinn admitted he was not a 4th liner, played him where? 4th line.
Guy has the talent he should be getting fair crack w/top talent, just to prove he has that level of ability.

You can't ask the man to 'do anything' and not give him the correct tools for the job.
This is same eff up as when they wanted more from Boo Nieves, and gave all the opportunity to the higher drafted Lias Andersson who got chance to play w/Mika, Kreider, Panarin etc, while Nieves got to play w/offensive black holes like McLeod.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
underline: disingenuous in that as established, long term Strome can't stay; need to apply his cap to Fox, LaF + KK extensions. Kindly bend buckle and break in acknowledging that and stop with false narrative. Also we are not gonna self rent this guy and let him walk for nothing.

Strome has not been dealt yet b'c of timing. That will change over the next month-ish.

bold: not true.
Idiot Quinn admitted he was not a 4th liner, played him where? 4th line.
Guy has the talent he should be getting fair crack w/top talent, just to prove he has that level of ability.

You can't ask the man to 'do anything' and not give him the correct tools for the job.
This is same eff up as when they wanted more from Boo Nieves, and gave all the opportunity to the higher drafted Lias Andersson who got chance to play w/Mika, Kreider, Panarin etc, while Nieves got to play w/offensive black holes like McLeod.
LMFAO nobody ever "wanted more" from Boo Nieves. Everyone knew he was a 4th line fringe NHLer except you.

Reactions: Pia8988 and TGWL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad