Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
When was the last time an unproven prospect tjat wanted out brought back fair value.

Trust me whe I tell you that's a rhetorical question

Probably the Griffin Reinhart-trade (might have been unwanted, but he never wanted out). However, that was because of Chiarelli and he is impossible to fleece nowadays since he isn’t a GM anymore.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
LMFAO nobody ever "wanted more" from Boo Nieves. Everyone knew he was a 4th line fringe NHLer except you.
popular quote: You can't handle the truth

But he had enough speed to keep up with beast factor Kreider. They could have terrorized the other defensemen!!
There is hope for you. You at least get it this much.

Nieves was a special player
It's not as much special as on paper, he was a fit w/Kreider and Zib, and for that reason, coupled with the fact there were no other good options, as we have seen b'c they went with Lias over my objections and he crapped the bed -- that's what they get for not listening to me --- for all of the above there was no effin reason to not at least try it my way.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
no, b'c need to go younger to minimze cap impact
AGAIN
need cap for Fox, LaF + KK deals
Right now it's looking like bridge contracts for Laf and KK as early as July. Unless they really take off, neither player gets a hefty raise or a long term 6-8 year contract.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Right now it's looking like bridge contracts for Laf and KK as early as July. Unless they really take off, neither player gets a hefty raise or a long term 6-8 year contract.

Yeah, their agents are going to love that. Having multiple players with 8+ on the team but the centerpieces around the public rebuild are going to get bridges. Unless by bridges you mean 3 years, 15-21M. Obviously depends on how they finish their seasons but if they're even remotely near .75ppg you're looking at expensive bridge contracts.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah, their agents are going to love that. Having multiple players with 8+ on the team but the centerpieces around the public rebuild are going to get bridges. Unless by bridges you mean 3 years, 15-21M. Obviously depends on how they finish their seasons but if they're even remotely near .75ppg you're looking at expensive bridge contracts.
If they're both near .75ppg pace, I'd say the Rangers have a good problem on their hands. I don't expect that to happen unless they really go off this season.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

not wrong but prudence errs on the side of caution and has cap in hand

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020

if they are near .75 ppg then it won’t be a bridge contract

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
While I agree, the Rangers are not hurting by not having something we never really had.

Either we get what we want (or close to it) for one of our top prospects, or the kid sits.

Rangers are no worse off either way
The more he sits the less Drury will get for him. And it seems Drury hates his guts, that's one more reason to trade him as soon as possible.

Reactions: Daz28

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The more he sits the less Drury will get for him. And it seems Drury hates his guts, that's one more reason to trade him as soon as possible.

Not disputing that.

But, since he has never really been a part of this team other than as an overseas prospect, his absence is not felt.....at all.

It's not like he was taking a regular shift for the last 2 years where his absence is going to be felt. He was a prospect that got 3rd/4th line garbage time on a team that missed the PO's.

He was a prospect that could easily have busted and the impact would be almost identical to what we are dealing with now. A loss of a prospect for peanuts.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think his value now is about the same as it will be in June at the draft. Maybe some team is willing to move a struggling 1st rounder of some interest. Maybe not. Otherwise the value for a reputation damaged not established at all prospect is maybe a 2nd rounder in the coming draft.

The Rangers don't need to move him now to get something like that and a coming draft pick isn't something you can plug into your lineup at least until you make the pick. No need to do anything now if that's all you get for him. Let him sit a while.

Reactions: bernmeister

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
I proposed this a while back. I think it’s fair. Both prospects have upside although different type of upside.
I propose the same deal last month,

Both are talented and need a change of scenery for their own good,

I don’t see bust in them, a high talent winger for the Canadiens and a two way center for the Rangers

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Not disputing that.

But, since he has never really been a part of this team other than as an overseas prospect, his absence is not felt.....at all.

It's not like he was taking a regular shift for the last 2 years where his absence is going to be felt. He was a prospect that got 3rd/4th line garbage time on a team that missed the PO's.

He was a prospect that could easily have busted and the impact would be almost identical to what we are dealing with now. A loss of a prospect for peanuts.
An asset is an asset, whether you feel it on the ice or not. Get what you can for him, and move on. Letting the situation linger does no good for anyone. Kid loses out on development, and Drury loses rep for causing it. Even if the kid is being a brat, the perception of being spiteful isn't good either.

Reactions: kp61c

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If a good enuf offer comes in, then it makes sense not to wait.
If people want a ridiculous bargain, then it pays to wait.
Someone who wants 9OA talent now will cough up enuf.

And would be best for NY if that is in futures, so that may help establish ample bidding.

An asset is an asset, whether you feel it on the ice or not. Get what you can for him, and move on. Letting the situation linger does no good for anyone. Kid loses out on development, and Drury loses rep for causing it. Even if the kid is being a brat, the perception of being spiteful isn't good either.
No, that approach is idiiotic lunacy.
You dont give away 9OA talent for nothing.

And Krav is not Lias Andersson, who was given a shot with Kreider, Panarin and others and failed miserably.

Krav has a legit basis to beef,
coach Q said he wasn't a 4th liner, but then his only 20 games, pretty much most if not nearly all 4th line.
Why?
O, because we had to play Buch and Brendan Smith instead of trading them fas I had suggested for assets b'c some genius thought it was tactically smart to try to make the playoffs when late in the season it was clear we were both short and injured

Then he got screwed w/this year's roster. That one he should have handled better, but I understand his anger.
Plus he feels Drury is against him. which may not be entirely unfounded.

So we'll see.
But Krav is not Lias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad