Friedman: NYR giving Kravtsov permission to seek trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
What even does "permission to seek a trade" mean? are they letting his agent negotiate the terms of the trade? Because I'm sure if the Rangers wanted to trade him they could find suitors fairly quickly.

It means Kravtsov and/or his agent are allowed to contact other teams to inquire about their interest in trading for Kravtsov.

Absent that permission it would be Tampering for any team that talked to Kravtsov or his agent about a potential trade.

Reactions: bernmeister

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
That is not the point of this website. I come here to discuss hockey in further depth than I’d do with those I know or somewhere like Twitter/reddit, not have some anonymous person behind a computer screen try to be a douchebag to me when I’m upset.
I agree with you in general. But in the specific example, the poster in question didn't just bring up Kravstov a lot, he had an obnoxiously inflated opinion of him that he derailed other conversations with.

He would be crowing from the rooftop if Kravtsov had 5 goals in his first 10 games. When you create that much noise, you draw attention.

Reactions: White Death 24

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
LA is very happy with Andersson. Sounds like a Rangers problem instead of player problem.

is Andersson even in the top 12?
He lost and tossed his medal into the crowd
Refused to go to the AHL
Ran to Europe
Maybe guys should earn their nhl status ?

LA will waive him eventually. May be wrong but I won’t be shocked

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What even does "permission to seek a trade" mean? are they letting his agent negotiate the terms of the trade? Because I'm sure if the Rangers wanted to trade him they could find suitors fairly quickly.

It means the player in question propably isn't the easiest to deal with so they give teams permission to speak to him before they spend assets to acquire him.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

That’s supposedly how it works with these trade requests. The agent finds a good fit or a few good fits, and then those teams negotiate to find a deal.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
LA is very happy with Andersson. Sounds like a Rangers problem instead of player problem.

So he is happy on bad teams where he can crack the NHL roster. But throws fits on good teams where he isn’t good enough to crack the lineup. Got it

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So he is happy on bad teams where he can crack the NHL roster. But throws fits on good teams where he isn’t good enough to crack the lineup. Got it
I don’t think this is that uncommon, especially with younger players.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Anaheim should be taking a shot on a player like this, no idea what the rangers would want though
StRaIgHt Up FoR dEsLaUrIeRs. Duh.

again would want a change of scene guy (preferably at center) in the same age group. Maybe a guy like Groulx makes sense as part of a deal. Maybe a guy like Steel. Joked about Deslauriers but would not be shocked if that was an ask at this stage either.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Imagine Kravtsov walking into Lou’s office and demanding top line minutes + PP1 time and then telling Lou that he refuses to ever play in the AHL.

That would go really well for the young man I’m sure.

It would be the last thing he ever did....

Reactions: snipes

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I don’t think this is that uncommon, especially with younger players.

A young player throwing a fit that he was sent down after mustering 0 goals and 1 assist in 17 games? That is not common with any aged player. Most can realize “hey im not producing, maybe i am in over my head here, it is probably better to be sent down to round out my game”

Reactions: snipes

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
A young player throwing a fit that he was sent down after mustering 0 goals and 1 assist in 17 games? That is not common with any aged player. Most can realize “hey im not producing, maybe i am in over my head here, it is probably better to be sent down to round out my game”
That’s not what happened here though. Kravtsov should have made the team and the Rangers are taking advantage of the fact that he has options.

There are plenty of young players that seek trades because they aren’t getting minutes, across all sports. Not all of them publicly get suspended by the team of course, but it is certainly not unprecedented

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad