Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Alexis Lafreniere signs extension with the Rangers (7 years, $7.45M AAV)

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Feel like his floor is a 50-60 point 2nd liner, who brings some intangibles that don't show up on the score sheet. The ceiling is potentially huge.

Great deal, with little risk, for the Rangers here. With cap inflation this will basically be the salary of nothing special 2nd liner.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He's the second or at worst third best forward on a team that just won the Presidents' Trophy and is one of the highest scoring teams in the league. It's not an overpayment. His numbers aren't super flashy because he doesn't get PP1 time. He's a very good even strength scorer.
Nevermind, I mistakenly thought he signed for $8.45M AAV. Fair enough.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
IMG_1585.png
IMG_1531.png

Simply Ravishing!

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
It buys up more UFA years than many of the 8x8 contracts signed by young players recently.

Add together his bridge and the first 6 years of his new deal, and it's about 6.6M on average. So when you compare to Stutzle and others, it puts into perspective how that is significantly less.

Nice mental gymnastics.

His contact is 7.45M x 7 - period.

It might work out, it might not.

I'm glad that Ottawa locked up Stutzle when they did, but he has/had accomplished more at a much more valuable position.

If you compare ELC production for 1st year eligible players, Stutzle was tracking like a sure bet. Laf, not so much.

That being said, I think and hope it works out but for Laf but I would much prefer Stutzle on his contract.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I did not suggest that they work that way.

I am trying to illustrate the trade off between RFA years and UFA years to make the point that Lafreniere signing a contract with 6 UFA years is not an apples to apples comparison to Stutzle signing a contract with only 4 UFA years.
Pretty sure it's 1 year difference. Stu has 6 years left after this season on his 8 year contract and Laf has 7 on his 7 year contract....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad