Proposal: NYR-Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Oct 18, 2011
Not comparable at all. Nash is a 1st line winger that averages over 30 goals a year and is due for a bounce back year. Kesler at this point is a 2nd line center at best.

Oh and McDonagh is definitely better than Lindholm. McDonagh is a proven #1 top-10 defender, Lindholm has potential but isn't at that point.

lol @ kesler "at best" a 2nd liner, worded in a manner to make it seem like he's lucky to be one, when he is clearly a better player than nash

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

ATLANTIC

Florida: Not playing ahead of Barkov or Bjugstad.
Tampa: Stamkos and Johnson.
Boston: Bergeron, Krejci, Backes and Bruins fans would even say Spooner after the season he had.
Ottawa: Brassard and Turris.
Buffalo: Eichel and ROR.
Montreal: Galchenyuk and Plekanec. (Kesler more suited for 3rd line)

METRO

Rangers: Stepan and Zibanejad.
Isles: Possible, but with Nielsen gone Strome will get 2nd line minutes.
Pittsburgh: Sid and Geno.
Philly: Giroux and Schenn.
Washington: Backstrom and Kuznetsov.

CENTRAL

Dallas: Seguin/Benn and Spezza.
Chicago: Toews and Panarin.
St. Louis: Stastny and Lehtera (him, Tarasenko and Schwartz have been one of the best lines in the NHL the past 2 seasons)
Nashville: Johansen and Ribeiro. (Kesler more suited for 3rd line)
Colorado: Duchene and MacKinnon.
Minnesota: Koivu and Granlund. (Kesler more suited for 3rd line role)

PACIFIC

LA: Kopitar and Carter.
SJ: Couture and Thornton.
Edmonton: McJesus and Draisaitl.
Calgary: Monahan, Backlund/Bennett. (Kesler more suited for 3rd line role)

I just listed 20 teams that either definitely would or there would be some real tough decisions to make.

Think about that before you laugh like a fool.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
ATLANTIC

Boston: Bergeron, Krejci, Backes and Bruins fans would even say Spooner after the season he had.

METRO

CENTRAL

St. Louis: Stastny and Lehtera (him, Tarasenko and Schwartz have been one of the best lines in the NHL the past 2 seasons)

PACIFIC

I just listed 20 teams that either definitely would or there would be some real tough decisions to make.

I like how you have a player who has never taken a regular season faceoff in their NHL career listed as a center.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
ATLANTIC

METRO

CENTRAL

PACIFIC

There are some absolutely laughable names on this list, some of whom don't even play center full time. Kesler is a Selke candidate who puts up second line numbers while taking on primary matchup responsibilities.
Why exactly are you suggesting he wouldn't play ahead of players who he significantly outproduces while also taking on tougher defensive matchups?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
There are some absolutely laughable names on this list, some of whom don't even play center full time. Kesler is a Selke candidate who puts up second line numbers while taking on primary matchup responsibilities.
Why exactly are you suggesting he wouldn't play ahead of players who he significantly outproduces while also taking on tougher defensive matchups?

Who is he out producing significantly? No one is arguing defensive play. That's why I've said he's more suited for a 3rd line role than some of the others.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Who is he out producing significantly? No one is arguing defensive play. That's why I've said he's more suited for a 3rd line role than some of the others.

The second guy on your list has a career high 10 points less than what Kesler put up this past season, and is no where near as proven of a two way player. What grounds would any coach have for giving such a player a greater role than Kesler?

That's where your argument basically becomes shallow and pointless. If Kesler is on the same team as some of these tweener middle six guys you've mentioned, it really doesnt matter how you slot them in the lineup. Kesler is obviously going to receive more ice time, responsibility and be more effective than half the players you've named.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
ATLANTIC

METRO

CENTRAL

PACIFIC

Schenn hasnt consistently played center in a good two years. Couturier is the Flyers 2nd line center.

If I'm not mistaken, Duchene is also playing a lot of RW these days as well, though I won't pretend that I follow the avs closely.

Last edited:

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
ATLANTIC

METRO

CENTRAL

PACIFIC

Horrible horrible horrible trade proposal and how is a selke candidate who put up 50+ points while taking on top competition at best a 2nd line center lmao

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The second guy on your list has a career high 10 points less than what Kesler put up this past season, and is no where near as proven of a two way player. What grounds would any coach have for giving such a player a greater role than Kesler?

That's where your argument basically becomes shallow and pointless. If Kesler is on the same team as some of these tweener middle six guys you've mentioned, it really doesnt matter how you slot them in the lineup. Kesler is obviously going to receive more ice time, responsibility and be more effective than half the players you've named.

Ok, so you named one player. In response to that, I'll admit that I omitted Trocheck from Florida, who is a very responsible defensive player who scored more goals and as many points as Kesler in 3 less games.

You can spin it whatever way you want with defensive matchups, but these teams aren't going to drop younger more talented players into bottom-6 checking roles for a guy whose best offensive days are clearly behind him.

They're going to want these guys to get prime offensive minutes with the top talent. Yes, they'll have to earn it, but if they produce, which most of them will, they'll be there over a 31 year old center who is better suited in a bottom 6 role.

If you've ever played at even a semi-competitive level of hockey, you would know this.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Anyone on that line would be taken at center over Kesler and there's a snowball's chance in hell of that line being broken up for Ryan Kesler.

Keep nitpicking though.

Don't post a list to support a claim if you don't expect it to be nitpicked. That's the whole point here of a discussion. You made a claim and provided evidence.. by posting it here, you are inviting others to judge the quality of your evidence.

Not my fault there are some laughable names on there. I didn't make the list.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Don't post a list to support a claim if you don't expect it to be nitpicked. That's the whole point here of a discussion. You made a claim and provided evidence.. by posting it here, you are inviting others to judge the quality of your evidence.

Not my fault there are some laughable names on there. I didn't make the list.

Not my fault that you made an outlandish statement and if I recall correctly, I wasn't asking for your opinion.

You can feel free to try to quote where I was.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
ATLANTIC

METRO

CENTRAL

PACIFIC

You do realize that putting Kesler on some of these teams doesn't make him a 3rd line center right? Geno isn't a 2nd line center since he plays behind Crosby. Kesler is a selke finalist and if we're just factoring skill, he is better than many players you posted.

All those players in bold are not as good as Kesler in terms of pure skill. Kesler would be playing ahead of them on those teams. Putting a Selke nominated player who was excellent at shutting teams top lines down as your 3rd line center would be a terrible idea. It would be a waste of his talents.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Not my fault that you made an outlandish statement and if I recall correctly, I wasn't asking for your opinion.

You can feel free to try to quote where I was.

It's a public board, he can tell you his opinion if he wants to. Don't like that, don't post on here lol.

Also, what outlandish claim did he make? You posted Panarin as the center, and it was proven how laughable that is since Panarin has not even taken a faceoff in the NHL.

Oh, btw. Kesler is better than Anismov.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You do realize that putting Kesler on some of these teams doesn't make him a 3rd line center right? Geno isn't a 2nd line center since he plays behind Crosby. Kesler is a selke finalist and if we're just factoring skill, he is better than many players you posted.

All those players in bold are not as good as Kesler in terms of pure skill. Kesler would be playing ahead of them on those teams. Putting a Selke nominated player who was excellent at shutting teams top lines down as your 3rd line center would be a terrible idea. It would be a waste of his talents.

Wait Kesler is more purely skilled than Draisaitl or Bennett?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Wait Kesler is more purely skilled than Draisaitl or Bennett?

Right now, yes. Kesler is better defensively than both and is slightly better offensively (based on point total) than both.

Kesler has age and experience on his side right now, and things could change quickly. But right now, if a team wants to ice a competitive team, Kesler would be a better option.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
It's a public board, he can tell you his opinion if he wants to. Don't like that, don't post on here lol.

Don't like what I have to say? Block me. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Also, what outlandish claim did he make? You posted Panarin as the center, and it was proven how laughable that is since Panarin has not even taken a faceoff in the NHL.

Oh, btw. Kesler is better than Anismov.

Outlandish that Kesler would be on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad