Value of: Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I see we have moved on from telling Leaf fans Matthews won’t re-sign to telling us Nylander won’t.
And people who have spent 30 seconds looking at the Leafs cap situation think they understand it better than us who have been paying attention to it for years.

Reactions: HofT and 34

Mar 26, 2010
I see we have moved on from telling Leaf fans Matthews won’t re-sign to telling us Nylander won’t.
And people who have spent 30 seconds looking at the Leafs cap situation think they understand it better than us who have been paying attention to it for years.
Exactly.

never underestimate the power of Toronto. The center of the hockey universe. Biggest hockey market in the world.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I hope he posts a picture of himself in islanders pj's when summer hits it would be epic

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
cool. so status quo just lots more expensive
Not really. Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares, and Rielly will probably take up a smaller % of the cap in 25-26 the first year everyone’s raises have kicked in then they do this season.
There is a reasonable chance our core is actually cheaper if you consider that vs real dollars.

Next season will be a cap crunch for us but not something we can’t overcome. Thanks for your concern though

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Not really. Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares, and Rielly will probably take up a smaller % of the cap in 25-26 the first year everyone’s raises have kicked in then they do this season.
There is a reasonable chance our core is actually cheaper if you consider that vs real dollars.

Next season will be a cap crunch for us but not something we can’t overcome. Thanks for your concern though
sure. cant argue with the success of that plan so far

Strangle

May 4, 2009
19 points in 16 games. You aren't even close.

He’ll be 35 years old and he would have made over $120m in his career.

He’s not signing for $7m for his 36-39 year old seasons.

It’ll be somewhere in the $3m neighbourhood and he won’t need to go cup hunting in another city, he can do it in Toronto

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I feel like everyone who plays with Marner or Nylander plays better and everyone who plays with Tavares and Matthews does not.

But Marner plays with Matthews and Nylander plays with Tavares … and they all play together on the PP

I can’t make any sense of this statement

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
An elite winger as a rental? Right now?

Good Top 6 forward with term + cap dump + mid round pick.

On the Pens that would look like Ricard Rakell + Matt Nieto + 2024 4th.

At the trade deadline when teams have some pro-rated cap space to play with, he could go with minimal salary coming back for a 1st.

• Haha
Reactions: 34 and Leafs1993

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Sure, you can. It hasn't resulted in playoff success.

Why would it be epic? I don't think any other player has posted a pic in a team's pjs.
Just a jab at Tavares thinking that it would be ironic not super funny just made me chuckle

At the trade deadline when teams have some pro-rated cap space to play with, he could go with minimal salary coming back for a 1st.
Rakell and nieto wouldn't get you Nylander it would have to at least be 2nd+3rd if those are the only players coming back

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Bertuzzi makes 5.5 this year. Nylander makes 6.9,

After the season is over, take the 5.5 from Bertuzzi, add it to the 6.9 Nylander is making. Thats 12.4.

Offer him 11.4 and there you go. Call up a rookie on an ELC making 950k and your set. Its really not that complicated.

Reactions: cyris and BlueSeal

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Bertuzzi makes 5.5 this year. Nylander makes 6.9,

After the season is over, take the 5.5 from Bertuzzi, add it to the 6.9 Nylander is making. Thats 12.4.

Offer him 11.4 and there you go. Call up a rookie on an ELC making 950k and your set. Its really not that complicated.
Book it.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

LOL... that is one of the worst proposals on here. Rakell has almost no positive value right now . He has 0 goals. Nieto value is around a 5th or one of Nylanders sticks....so yes that proposal would probably get 2 to 3 Nylander sticks and a water bottle .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad