Confirmed Trade: [NYI/TOR] Pierre Engvall for 2024 3rd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Already are , so much for the Dubas " New NHL " the Leafs now officially have nobody drafted by Dubas on their active roster . Robertson on LTIR is the only NHLer drafted by Dubas and he's still on his ELC .
Engvall wasn't drafted by Dubas so there goes that witty retort. He was drafted while Nonis was GM. But Dubas was co-gm when Marner was drafted. But why let facts get in the way.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Not sure why Engvall gets the hate. He's actually very good and will be a solid addition on the Islanders. He was redundant on the Leafs but still, very good PKer and fast skater
Doesn't PK much but I am surprised a team in the Pacific didn't trade for him. Only player I have seen able to keep up with McJesus skating wise and with his length he completely frustrated Mcjesus. But his is as soft as jello and and has zero offensive instincts. He gets hot with his shot every once in a while and goes on a heater but nothing else.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Admire Dubas doing everything he humanly can to try and extend his position as GM

Genuinely don't think this is about that at all. He will be highly sought after if the Leafs let him walk. He just realizes we have this year as a last year to go all in if/when they know what Auston is thinking this offseason.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Engvall has a lot of tools. Type of guy I think that can fluctuate year to year. Wouldn't be shocked if he scores 25 goals at some point, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he scores 10 goals another year. Just incredibly inconsistent, and when hes not playing well his lack of physical play leaves a lot to be desired.

Hope he does well outside of the Toronto market.

Reactions: leafsfan5

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
HAHHHAHAHA YESSSSS.

Oh my god Engvall is the softest player I've ever seen. Dude is so vanilla. Good riddance

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Engvall is super fast and that’s about it. He could find mild success in the bottom 6 of a team that could use more speed, but was a little out of place on the Leafs.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Engvall is fast and decent defensively but he plays really soft for a big body.

To me this is Dubas trying to construct a more physical bottom six, not just having lower skill finesse players in the role.

I said it before but the Leafs lost last year because they don't have anyone to score garbage goals. Even our bottom line guys play like they are superstars, just with less talent.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Engvall is super fast and that’s about it. He could find mild success in the bottom 6 of a team that could use more speed, but was a little out of place on the Leafs.

He's fast and skilled, but he's kind of dumb and has zero physicality.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Engvall was always invisible in playoffs, not a big loss. He has a body and size of a Greek god though, just afraid to use it.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He’s deceptively fast, has a good defensive stick and carries the puck well. He is however frustratingly soft and weak on the boards, especially for a man his size. Fairly similar to Beauvillier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad