Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Adam Pelech signs extension (8 years, $5.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Islanders save over $3 million a year because Pelech doesn't score much. Money they can spend on guys who do.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
How the hell did Lou pull this off. This just doesn’t seem fair to the rest of the league.

Pelech could have atleast been in the high 6,s maybe even 7mil.

Pelech should fire his agent... christ almighty....
Has a d-man with a career high of 21 points ever gotten a 7 million contract? How many 6.5 million?

It’s a decent deal but the hyperbole in this thread in unbelievable.

Reactions: LFCTML

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Has a d-man with a career high of 21 points ever gotten a 7 million contract? How many 6.5 million?

It’s a decent deal but the hyperbole in this thread in unbelievable.

D-man… points…

How much would you have given Erik Gustafsson after his 60 pts season?

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Islanders save over $3 million a year because Pelech doesn't score much. Money they can spend on guys who do.
Correct, if he was putting up points totals he would be making close to 9M. He's not expected to on this team, yet. He's got hidden offensive skill. If the Isles used him on the PP which they should IMO, his points totals can go up. This will be up to Trotz but he is too valuable 5v5 and on the PK already, if they add PP, his minutes would move him into being paid in the upper echelon of D men, which could make this contract even more a steal. With Leddy gone, he could see more PP time this upcoming season.

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
I agree 100% with this.

Too many player "comparisons" no longer even involve people explaining, in hockey details, why Player A is superior to Player B. What is it he does well on the ice? What is it Player B struggles to do? What skills allow Player A to succeed? Etc.

Instead, too many discussions on here devolve into someone just slapping down a WAR graph or some other sort of analytics "chart" with zero actual commentary from them and using that as their entire argument.
Sid as one who just did it, I’m sorry that you aren’t savvy enough to understand a side by side comparison of multiple metrics in a simple format. The data is the same for both players and it takes out much of the subjectivity for those specific categories

‘it’s not meant to be all inclusive and you should know that it’s just a graphic illustration of basic performance, people explaining their personal opinions is much more prone to speculation and less about actual performance.

Reactions: Cap'n Flavour

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
As a Nuck fan, I don't get to watch the Islanders a lot. But these playoffs I was blown away by Pelech. It was a revelation watching a defensemen I had hardly heard about out West who could master all aspects of hockey as a defensemen. I thought he was the Islanders best defensemen, and maybe the even the best defensemen overall that I saw in the playoffs.

At this price, this has got to go down as one of the best bargain contracts in recent memory. Congrats Islander fans!

Jan 21, 2018
GM of the year Lou has still got it.

The contrast between this & Dubas bending the knee in Toronto.... (Nvm what Nurse is about to get)

The contrast is the Isles lost Toews because “GM of the year” decided Komarov was more important?

Why do you guys have to involve the Leafs in every isles thread? We don’t care about the Isles, and we are extremely thrilled that you guys have Lou.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
We don’t care about the Isles, and we are extremely thrilled that you guys have Lou.
upload_2021-8-6_14-8-26.jpeg

Jan 21, 2018

Is that a picture of the Isles board after Tavares signed in Toronto?

Again, further proof that you guys have some strange obsessesion with leaf fans:

Snuck over to the Laffs and they think we got bent over on Pelech - LOL

The Pelech thread in the Isles forum is loaded with posts about the Leafs. Your D gets re-signed and you guys have to discuss how it affects the leafs. You need to sneak into the Leafs board to see what their reaction to the signing is. It’s a pretty unhealthy obsession lol.

Living in your head rent-free i suppose :)

Reactions: TML1990

Jan 21, 2018
We didn't hide behind a happy face, we hated him.

Still do.

But now it doesn't matter because we sign our guys to team friendly deals and make it past the first round.

Nah, you loved him. He was your franchise center, and he left because you couldn’t build a team around him. He was a #1C on the best contract in the league, around ~5M I think. And the best winger you could get him was PA Parenteau lol.

Does that sound familiar? Who is Barzal playing with this season, Parise if he’s lucky? :)

Reactions: TML1990

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
The contrast is the Isles lost Toews because “GM of the year” decided Komarov was more important?

Why do you guys have to involve the Leafs in every isles thread? We don’t care about the Isles, and we are extremely thrilled that you guys have Lou.

Pretty sure you quoted a Canucks fan, then proceeded to spout your opinion as fact again. But hey why let details or facts get in the way of cognitive dissonant false narrative.

Reactions: ABCUser

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Thank you I am aware of charts it is my profession in real life.

And that chart mean absotely nothing unless they can explain the signification of the indicators. What is EV%, PP, finishing, A1/60, Penalties, etc ?

Feel free to explain instead of ridiculing me. Give that to anybody without explanation even post doctorate in rocket science and they would not understand the meaning of it.

So when encountering unfamiliar charts, check the corners for any legend/key or even Twitter handle or website name.

Most of these ‘player card’ type images usually are formatted by the creator but the data taken from public sources as noted on the Pelech one. Most of the websites or Twitter handles you can find will have another link that helps you read their specific format.

Are we good on what a percentile is? Cause that’s all this player card is, just different categories and the one you really care about is WAR. Are we okay on WAR?

The card reinforces what I watched for the last few years: Pelech is integral to the Isles success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad