GDT: NY Islanders @ Ottawa Senators | 5:30PM | TV TSN5 / RDS2 and TSN 1200 | The Daniel Alfredsson HHOF Spectacular

dekem

Sep 2, 2005
Every loss this year by one goal, is this a league record? Not counting ENs.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
This team will easily be over .500 by the end of the season if they keep playing this way.
Yeah, when all hope of making the playoffs is gone. Seen that movie before. Soon to be four times, in fact.

Pressure's gone, we face backup goalies left and right with opponent half-assing it againt us. THEN we'll show up like real paper tigers, win our way out of a bottom 2 spot and draft the second coming of Tyler Boucher in the top 10 for our troubles.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I disagree. Most of the "shoulda wons" weren't that close, and the score flattered us. This was a solid all-around effort against a top team.
This was one of the better efforts no doubt. Other than the Florida trip theu played teams pretty even I thought.

All those games came down to a mistake or not executing. Could have easily flipped some of those losses to wins or atleast grabbed a point.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
This team will easily be over .500 by the end of the season if they keep playing this way.
DJ will make enough changes over the season and teams will play us like it's a day off and our record will improve. We are already playing a different "way" than we were playing day one; however, it's pretty clear the season is already over.

• Haha
Reactions: NB613

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
BTW. DJ was saying after 10 games that the next 10 was against no playoff team from last year.

Maybe.. just maybe he should have shut is mouth. The way they are coached, they are again a bottom team..

Did he actually say this?

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
It may not be all DJ’s fault but he’s gotta go just to shake things up (this is tried, true, and tested across the league).

We sound like absolute losers talking about how we were the better team, we only lose by 1 goal, debrincat is gonna break out anytime now, bounces didn’t go our way but they will do enough, the team is young, omg look at our analytics and goal differential, etc.

Reactions: NB613 and Taswell

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Somehow my dumb ass still believes this season can be saved. We’re honestly better than a lot of teams who are doing better than the Senators, its pissing me off

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
It may not be all DJ’s fault but he’s gotta go just to shake things up (this is tried, true, and tested across the league).

We sound like absolute losers talking about how we were the better team, we only lose by 1 goal, debrincat is gonna break out anytime now, bounces didn’t go our way but they will do enough, the team is young, omg look at our analytics and goal differential, etc.
I'm inching closer to the fire DJ camp too, for the same reasons you said. Sometimes, you just need a shakeup, even if it's not fully on DJ. It almost looks like the players are gripping their sticks tightly, waiting for something like this to happen. If by game 20 we're still not putting up W's on the board, I'm ready to let him go.

Teams are adjusting to his enter the zone and curl back move quite a bit.
They are, but that just means it opens up different parts of the ice for his linemates.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
what i saw, jbd is nothing special and will not be also..

p.s awful four line , maybe one of the worst in the league.
I don't think anyone believes JBD will be special. But a solid #4 is definitely in the cards. He's a smart player.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Did he actually say this?
Yup. Not word for word. But he did say that the first 10 games was mostly against team who were playoff team/contender and the next ten against almost all non playoff team from last year.

I can't find it right now. But i'm sure that I heard it at least twice talking about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad