GDT: NY Islanders @ Ottawa Senators | 5:30PM | TV TSN5 / RDS2 and TSN 1200 | The Daniel Alfredsson HHOF Spectacular

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It is because this team is once again going to be out of the playoff race by the end of November. 1 win in our last 8 games.

If this team had a better record and what not, these type of loses would be less harder to swallow.

I'm not talking about the bigger picture, I'm talking about tonight's game. I am just as tired of losing as the rest of you.

Reactions: swiftwin

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It's weird to me that people think this was the same as those seven straight losses. We played as well as you possibly can against a very very good team. Obviously I want DJ fired but I really can't be too hard on the guys on the ice aside from the lack of finish but you can't deny Varlamov put up a brick wall.
sens play decent at home but not good enough to win....One game should not be the reason why DJ gets fired. On the road we have gotten outclassed

This is the third year in a row. Dj has got to go based on the body of his work

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
It's weird to me that people think this was the same as those seven straight losses. We played as well as you possibly can against a very very good team. Obviously I want DJ fired but I really can't be too hard on the guys on the ice aside from the lack of finish but you can't deny Varlamov put up a brick wall.
Have had so many close games they "should" have won. Lack of execution and backbreaking mistakes keep costing points.

For the most part I am happy with the teams overall play. The results are terrible though, and it seems to be compounding with players feeling the pressure.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
BTW. DJ was saying after 10 games that the next 10 was against no playoff team from last year.

Maybe.. just maybe he should have shut is mouth. The way they are coached, they are again a bottom team..

Reactions: NB613

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Can throw out all the deserve to win o meters and fancy stats that you want fact is we have 1 win in our last 8. At some point gotta burry, 1/6 on the PP and the exact same trash as usual. Played well honestly but another L

Ggs

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Can throw out all the deserve to win o meters and fancy stats that you want fact is we have 1 win in our last 8. At some point gotta burry, 1/6 on the PP and the exact same trash as usual. Played well honestly but another L

Ggs
I agree that winning is obviously more important. It doesn't mean you need to throw out the fact that we were clearly the better team.

• Haha
Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Have had so many close games they "should" have won. Lack of execution and backbreaking mistakes keep costing points.

For the most part I am happy with the teams overall play. The results are terrible though, and it seems to be compounding with players feeling the pressure.

I disagree. Most of the "shoulda wons" weren't that close, and the score flattered us. This was a solid all-around effort against a top team.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
We have lost:

- Alfie’s final home game with the sens (against the pens)
- Alfie’s return to ottawa game with the red wings
- Alfie’s retirement night (against the isles)
- Alfie’s Jersey retirement night (against the wings)
- Alfie’s HHOF induction night (against the isles)

We never stood a chance…

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
sens play decent at home but not good enough to win....One game should not be the reason why DJ gets fired. On the road we have gotten outclassed

This is the third year in a row. Dj has got to go based on the body of his work

I dunno what to tell you dude it's like people aren't reading what I'm saying.

We absolutely were good enough to win this one, and again, DJ deserves to get fired based on the season record.

Reactions: HSF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad