Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] F Steven Stamkos signs with the Predators (4 years, $8M AAV)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So does this make kucherovs last season more impressive than Mackinnons in hindsight
I don't think Stamkos's being there or not really made much of a difference. Stamkos did what every offensive forward would have done in that situation, being an option for Kucherov on the PP, that is.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I thought everyone with knowledge of the situation knew that. Stat nerds and Bolts fans were united in saying that Stamkos was a bad 5v5 player.
To be fair. I don’t pay much attention to Tampa or much of the eastern conference. So no. I didn’t know most people you united on that opinion.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looks like this guy is cooked.

Well, I'll give him some time, but yeah. Not great. That's a lot of money.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Looks like this guy is cooked.

Well, I'll give him some time, but yeah. Not great. That's a lot of money.
I don't think he looks fully "cooked" to me. He hasn't had great luck so far. He is also being over-used. The team around him isn't meshing. I have seen some "cooked" players recently (Turris, Johansen)... he's not in that category. He should be a solid 30/30 kind of player at this point in his career, with appropriate utilization. Whether that is worth 4x$8M is still debateable. But I don't think it equates to being "cooked". :dunno:

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
The Lightning franchise in the Vinik era has constantly made good decisions, though the choice to move on from Stamkos was controversial at the time it made sense given the age and term he was looking for

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't think he looks fully "cooked" to me. He hasn't had great luck so far. He is also being over-used. The team around him isn't meshing. I have seen some "cooked" players recently (Turris, Johansen)... he's not in that category. He should be a solid 30/30 kind of player at this point in his career, with appropriate utilization. Whether that is worth 4x$8M is still debateable. But I don't think it equates to being "cooked". :dunno:
A cooked Turris is very different from a cooked Stamkos, though.

Aug 14, 2011
It’s been a very small handful of games into the season. Let’s give it some time. Guys get on cold streaks very often l, even when on a team they have been superstars on for years. Stammer is in a new environment for the first time in 16 years. Huge change. Give him a bit of time. Of course we all wanted results immediately but sometimes that’s not the case. Johansen scored his first game with us and turned out to be a waste of $8 million. Give the man some time before we write him off as a brutal contract. Let them all mesh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad