Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] F Steven Stamkos signs with the Predators (4 years, $8M AAV)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dude... they're not Kucherov. The guy who has 3 of the top 4 assist seasons from a winger all time and just hit 100 assists in a season.

Production will drop. The question is does it drop to 35 goals or 30. The first you can live with. The second is going to be rough.
Why are you looking only at goals? Do you think that Stamkos is just a shooter? He scored 86 points before while scoring only 27 goals.

Preds offense also isn't nearly as bad as what you're insinuating.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
In a vacuum there's nothing wrong at all with the contract.
The only problem like with the other ones Trotz has done since Sarros is so these additions make them cup favourites in the next two years? Because there isn't much coming up and the team has no cap to make any significant adds.
Every team with competitive windows has ageing players that when signed you knew the last year's might suck but the Preds in two years will have almost their entire core 35 and over and it's only for those reasons I question these deals.

That being said at least the team and fans got rewarded for a hell of a run last year.
The fact you keep saying we don't have much coming up just tells me you don't know a thing about our prospects. We actually have a log jam with nowhere to put some of them now. Its one of the reasons Afanasyev wanted out, and one reason we may end up trading a guy like Tomasino.

The only group that may be a bit iffy is on the defensive side of things, but that's mainly because we haven't been using draft picks on too many of them.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Was just reading an article in which Martin St Louis intimated that Stamkos may come to appreciate the move to Nashville. St. Louis had his own move after over a decade, but I think he was the one that wanted out. It is a shame that neither him nor Stamkos ended up as Lightning lifers. I am sure when things are all said and done, Stamkos will probably return and sign a one day contract and retire as a Bolt.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Why are you only looking at stat sheets instead of listening to the people who have watched him play every night for the past sixteen years?

He's also referencing a season that happened 7 years ago, Nashville isn't getting 27 year old Stamkos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad