Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] F Steven Stamkos signs with the Predators (4 years, $8M AAV)

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Josi, ROR and Evangelista are all playmakers, and Forsberg's ability is overlooked because of his goal scoring talent.
Yeah Forsberg can make plays by either shooting or passing. Nyquist is a hell of a playmaker. I would put Novak on the list of guys who can set up plays, too.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Dude... they're not Kucherov. The guy who has 3 of the top 4 assist seasons from a winger all time and just hit 100 assists in a season.

Production will drop. The question is does it drop to 35 goals or 30. The first you can live with. The second is going to be rough.
Lol you don't know our offensive history. Stammer getting "just" 30 goals would be a godsend

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't know if he will hit 30. High 20s or 30 if you give him a good role on the PP. I'm not sure if you'll want to because Forsberg is better in that spot.
Forsberg primarily plays on the opposite side that Stamkos does, has pretty much his entire career so that isn't a problem.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Forsberg primarily plays on the opposite side that Stamkos does, has pretty much his entire career so that isn't a problem.
If Stamkos is at the top of the left circle, be should hit 30 then. He still has the one timer. No arguments there.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If Stamkos is at the top of the left circle, be should hit 30 then. He still has the one timer. No arguments there.
Yeah Forsberg's one timer is not that great. They tried it there at times this season but frankly he looked like a fish out of water. He's much better being able to move around and use his wrist shot which is about as nasty as Stamoks or Ovi's one timers.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah Forsberg's one timer is not that great. They tried it there at times this season but frankly he looked like a fish out of water. He's much better being able to move around and use his wrist shot which is about as nasty as Stamoks or Ovi's one timers.
Yeah, Stamkos isn't the guy you want moving with the puck. His decision making is below average. You want him touching the puck long enough to fire, and then he will score goals even at times when it seems like he can't.

In TB though, it was really good for Stamkos when Point became just as big, if not a bigger, threat to score on the PP. Teams had to defend the play to Point, which often left Stamkos open. You might see Nashville wind up with a similar structure. I feel like Marchessault shoots right? Maybe the plan is to stick him in the bumper spot, thus giving Forsberg and Josi more options. Seems like you might wind up with similar weapons to TB, if that's the case.

5v5 Stamkos will... well, disappoint. But if you put him in a favorable position on the PP, he will score. I think his 5v5 scoring will decline a bit, especially as you find better options, but I would imagine he will be a threat on the PP as long as he's in that spot. Ovy Lite.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah, Stamkos isn't the guy you want moving with the puck. His decision making is below average. You want him touching the puck long enough to fire, and then he will score goals even at times when it seems like he can't.

In TB though, it was really good for Stamkos when Point became just as big, if not a bigger, threat to score on the PP. Teams had to defend the play to Point, which often left Stamkos open. You might see Nashville wind up with a similar structure. I feel like Marchessault shoots right? Maybe the plan is to stick him in the bumper spot, thus giving Forsberg and Josi more options. Seems like you might wind up with similar weapons to TB, if that's the case.

5v5 Stamkos will... well, disappoint. But if you put him in a favorable position on the PP, he will score. I think his 5v5 scoring will decline a bit, especially as you find better options, but I would imagine he will be a threat on the PP as long as he's in that spot. Ovy Lite.
Yeah honestly at this point at long as he can score on the PP and get a few points 5 vs 5 its a net positive for us. He's basically pushing a guy like Jankowski down the line up, which ain't exactly hard to match.

I don't think many of us are expecting his game from 5-6 years ago, if he gives us a scoring threat on that side of the PP we will be mostly happy with anything else being a bonus really.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's just not true. You just chose Guentzel over him.
We could never pay that to Stamkos. His 5v5 game just isn't good enough, and our PP honestly doesn't skip a beat when he's gone. We paid Guentzel for his 5v5 game, which was a big weakness for us last year. The PP will be fine as long as Kucherov stays healthy. To a lesser extent, Point, for his zone entries.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos holds so many franchise records, captain of their dynasty years. Most teams keep him out of respect and fans are ok with it. They chose to try and keep contending and I respect it but it must piss off that core
Took hedman about 12 seconds to sign a team friendly deal. So I doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad