GDT: 10/24/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Minnesota vs Tampa Bay

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
I mean he’s made a few of those already this season so not sure what those people have to be upset about.
.871 sv%

"what are people upset about"

Is this really difficult to understand? He's supposed to be one of top goalies in the NHL (and is paid like one), he faced a measley 17 shots last night and let in 3. Some people's defense of this guy is baffling, perfectly willing to throw Stamkos under the bus for his terrible 5v5 performance but not willing to admit Vasy just isn't what he should be.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
LOL
LMAO EVEN

FznyTdR.png

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Hey Cirelli, whatcha doing buddy?

ar2kmOp.png

I don't recall saying every goal is a "wide open tap in".

In fact I remember saying Vassy was to blame for plenty of goals in the loss to Toronto.

There is more to goals against than just your goalie.

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah, Vasy is culpable for a lot of bad goals but last night wasn't it. Our defensive structure as a whole has been trash since we went on the road trip. No one would have a chance with how bad they were playing last night. Cernak is particular.

Coop needs to get heads out of asses, pronto

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
.871 sv%
.871 sv%
.871 sv%

Dude made as many saves last night as your average goalie would have and none that a supposed "top" goalie in the league should have. FFS, I could have made every save that Vasy did last night, only I would have done it for $100 bucks and a cheese burger.

Reactions: BowB4Bolts

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
.871 sv%
.871 sv%
.871 sv%

Dude made as many saves last night as your average goalie would have and none that a supposed "top" goalie in the league should have. FFS, I could have made every save that Vasy did last night, only I would have done it for $100 bucks and a cheese burger.
The only saving you could have done last night was at Publix on a bogo deal after the game.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
The only goal against that was on Vasi imo was the 4th. Dude left the net wide open.
I mean Vassy needs to play better of course. I'm not trying to suggest he's as good as he used to be but there are games like this one where the defense just falls apart and hangs him out to dry.

There was a chance in the game where the wild player hit the post after walking through 3 Tampa players including Hedman untouched.

Like wtf are we doing here. I get people want to harp on Vassy but people need to be just as hard on the team defense imo. Its is not up to par at all.

There is NO reason this Minny player should get by Hagel Cirelli and Hedman untouched.
This resulted in a mini breakaway.

This was the worst play of the night imo and it didn't' even result in a goal against.

alDwcJ9.png

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Sorry for the rant but the more I look at this play the more it pisses me off.

Hedman is just half assing it and looks like a fool.

This is basic level defending shit that he's just not doing.

You're taught to play the body and not the puck. Hedman not only plays the puck but does it in such a half assed way that he like, Sorry, I don't have words for it.

He makes a half hearted swipe at the puck and then finds himself facing the boards and giving up the middle of the ice. Probably the biggest no no you can do as a D-man.

I recommend you go and watch the highlights on NHL youtube channel. Its much worse in motion.

vOcTSln.png

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I mean Vassy needs to play better of course. I'm not trying to suggest he's as good as he used to be but there are games like this one where the defense just falls apart and hangs him out to dry.

There was a chance in the game where the wild player hit the post after walking through 3 Tampa players including Hedman untouched.

Like wtf are we doing here. I get people want to harp on Vassy but people need to be just as hard on the team defense imo. Its is not up to par at all.

There is NO reason this Minny player should get by Hagel Cirelli and Hedman untouched.
This resulted in a mini breakaway.

This was the worst play of the night imo and it didn't' even result in a goal against.

alDwcJ9.png
I think I see Bigfoot.

Taking a screenshot is relatively straight forward on Windows, either use the Snipping Tool program, or press 'Print Screen' on your keyboard, and paste it into Paint.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Vasi would've saved those if we didn't make that Jeannot trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad