Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Calle Jarnkrok (6 years, $2M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
1) Player loves his current situation. Loves the City/Coaches/ and lives next door to Forsberg. (notice that both FF and Jarnkrok's deals are 6 years)
2) Player is not looking for a big pay day and would prefer to stay where he's at
3) Player is smart (he has been called the smartest player on the team) and realizes that sometimes it is better for all parties involved to go a route like this (player gets long term stability, team gets a contract that's easy on the cap to help with a deep run for many years).

4) player has a terrible agent

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
There is a very good chance with the way things have been going that he wouldn't even get an NHL contract in 3-4 years if he is only a 30pt player (numerous examples). In that case the term and money do make sense because he is being paid market value right now. It does become bad for him if he does have any improvement though. Jarnkrok must be thinking he doesn't really become much more than he is right now.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's sad to see some people so obsessed with money that they can't even fathom a player willingly leaving some on the table (while still making more than enough for them and their family to live comfortably for the rest of their lives) because they truly enjoy their current situation.

JamestheSame

Apr 18, 2012
Jarnkrok may not become much more than what he is now in terms of scoring. With that being said, he plays a vital role on the team. He is a very good defensive player who gives 100 percent every shift.

Teams need players like this. This is a good contract for both parties.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
There is a very good chance with the way things have been going that he wouldn't even get an NHL contract in 3-4 years if he is only a 30pt player (numerous examples). In that case the term and money do make sense because he is being paid market value right now. It does become bad for him if he does have any improvement though. Jarnkrok must be thinking he doesn't really become much more than he is right now.

lol bro please defend this... that's ridiculous

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Lmfao this is like the contracts I sign in NHL 16... Pretty sure I signed Jarnkrok for 7 years at 800k

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
1) Player loves his current situation. Loves the City/Coaches/ and lives next door to Forsberg. (notice that both FF and Jarnkrok's deals are 6 years)
2) Player is not looking for a big pay day and would prefer to stay where he's at
3) Player is smart (he has been called the smartest player on the team) and realizes that sometimes it is better for all parties involved to go a route like this (player gets long term stability, team gets a contract that's easy on the cap to help with a deep run for many years).

tumblr_njz09ekPqW1qd3gyco1_1280.jpg

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Reminds me of when Burrows signed for $2M per back in the day. Although not sure if Jarnkrok is that good. Things change fast in pro sports and if he likes his home and wants to be on the team going forward, taking less money for longer term than usual is the way to do it.

Guys like Jarnkrok can often find themselves pinched out of the NHL in their late 20's for lesser, younger players and this ensures it won't happen to him.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

He must be the nicest guy in the entire league, this is unheard of.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Not that weird. Lots of things could happen including injury, hell football players are retiring at young ages because of concussions. Or he gets a catastrophic injury or something. He now is set for life and doesn't have to worry about contracts now.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Calle must be super rich. He's the only player in NHL can say I play the game for the love

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Glad to see a contract like this finally done. Makes tons of sense for both sides.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
I saw the cap hit and thought it was a typical depth signing and then saw the term. Pretty unusual to see such term on a low cap deal. If he breaks out then Preds have a steal of the deal. I guess Calle went with job security.

Reminds me of Glen Andersons contract way back when with the Oilers. Never thought i'd see one like it in this era.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
lol bro please defend this... that's ridiculous

Kris Versteeg
Brad Boyes
Radim Vbrata
Jiri Hudler
Alex Tanguay

are all productive NHL players in the range of 30 pts who are without an NHL contract right now. Versteeg has already gone over seas and the rest will likely end up somewhere via a camp invite but my point still stands. Jarnkrok would be far from having a guaranteed contract 3-4 years down the road.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I used to sign players to contracts like this in EHM, didn't think anyone would go for it in real life.

Honestly, I think it can make a lot of sense. If the team has faith in the player, and the player wants some stability, this kind of contract makes a lot of sense even for some more important supporting players. I think we generally don't see it because teams see lower end guys as expendable (therefore they sign them to short contracts) or the players themselves want too much if term goes up.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Well, that's an interesting term.

Preds fans, what's the take on Jarnkrok? Do you consider him top-9 moving forward? Does he have the ability to move up in the lineup?

Seems like Poile really likes his game, given that term and, if he's right, that's a nice cap hit for the longhaul.

Positionally sound player. Good penalty killer. Lavi considers him the smartest player on the team.

Played 3C for most of the year, then moved to wing after the Johansen trade. Played well on Joey's wing, but really isn't skilled enough or big enough for a long-term top-6 role.

For $2 million, you sign him for whatever term he wants, all day, every day...

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'm surprised there aren't more contracts like this. If you like where you're at, you get long term stability, and still a big payday. There are lots of depth guys that teams keep resigning every year. Why not just go longer term, and lock them in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad