Post-Game Talk: Not enough horses, Jets lose 4-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
I need a wee dram, just to settle down a bit

drink-thanks.gif

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
They may have won with a full roster but it's not a good enough group to contend imo.

Will be very interesting to see what changes are made this summer.

Anyhow the team as a whole is probably playing about as good as can be expected given our injuries.

Helle hasn't been as good as he can, neither has KFC or Dubois.

Maybe Helle gets into God mode and Perfetti and Ehlers cab get back for next game to give us a skill infusion.

Still I'm proud at how the team has stayed in the fight and has given all they can.

Tough one again. This team shows a lot to admire given all the injuries. Pionk is logging huge minutes and looks like his Canadian division self. Demelo had a high end first pass, something we don't see much because he always defers to Morrissey. He really stepped up. Samberg is amazing too. You win in the playoffs with guys like him.

Having said that, the stars on this team (at least those that aren't injured) need to be better. Dubois is getting too many penalties and looked gassed tonight. Connor is way too inconsistent and tentative. It says a lot that I wanted the 3rd line out there with the goalie pulled. The elite players just haven't put this team on their backs and they really need to show up.

Sure some critical take can be warranted but we are down some key players. Scheifele, Morrisey, Ehlers and Perfetti.
Excuses are for losers but we have a talent level drop off with guys out.
It’s a best of 7. There is still a chance!

Well said, the team is going hard, and I have to respect the praise that you are throwing down.

None

Feb 22, 2012
When your natural center goes down, you obviously have to elevate your fourth line center in place.

Yeah, I'm mildly surprised they didn't manage to work in one or two extra Dubois/Lowry/Namestnikov shifts or even throwing Wheeler over the boards as center just to get more out of those lost Scheifele minutes.
Gassed from the 2OT the other night is probably enough justification though.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hey all, another night really trying to rep the team, but another rough game. Three of our top six and our best top D, that's a huge hit. Bad breaks happen, and there's no point lamenting that much, but boy oh boy am I getting an "end of an era" vibe already.

If so, I'll take solace that we had a great run, we've had times where we've seen management pull the trigger and do what needs to be done; well, what needs to be done now is what needed doing with Old Yeller, and it's time to pull the trigger on the core one more time.

Having said that, there's no points for resigning early, so I'll be there cheering at least one more time :)

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
The team is not built for the playoffs. TNSE will have to do better to attract any new season ticket subscribers next season.

Reactions: hn777 and GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad