North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If anyone is calling the GM about Arnsby.....take the call. Not getting much out of this OA.
Could see him and Ertel being shrewd OA pickups for a competitive team. We might be smart just picking up a couple OA defensemen to finish out the year with from teams that upgrade.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Sell! Get some of these guys another run at a championship it won't happen this year with this team. Buying would simply be irresponsible. Wonder where the C goes after 11

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Sell everything that isn’t nailed down similarly to what Hamilton/Brantford did last season and remained competitive and almost knocked Barrie off in the first round. Fast forward a year and there the Bulldogs sit at the top of the conference with assets to add should they wish.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Sell everything that isn’t nailed down similarly to what Hamilton/Brantford did last season and remained competitive and almost knocked Barrie off in the first round. Fast forward a year and there the Bulldogs sit at the top of the conference with assets to add should they wish.
Makes the most sense. Fans won't love it but the building isn't filled when the team is mediocre

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Could see him and Ertel being shrewd OA pickups for a competitive team. We might be smart just picking up a couple OA defensemen to finish out the year with from teams that upgrade.
I am not sure there is a market for OA forwards. I think Christopolous could get a good return though.

I was under the impression that Mathurin was going suit up at some point this weekend. Is anyone aware of a set back?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I am not sure there is a market for OA forwards. I think Christopolous could get a good return though.

I was under the impression that Mathurin was going suit up at some point this weekend. Is anyone aware of a set back?
Oh, I agree. But seeing the kind of impact Arnsby has made in a playoff series previously, I could see some interest from a team from a team carrying an OA D that may be falling down the ranks.

Hard to see us moving Christopolous though if Nelson is going to be moved.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Oh, I agree. But seeing the kind of impact Arnsby has made in a playoff series previously, I could see some interest from a team from a team carrying an OA D that may be falling down the ranks.

Hard to see us moving Christopolous though if Nelson is going to be moved.
It’s hard to see NB as sellers given the state of the conference. The main competition for the 2-3 seeds are Brantford (if they don’t sell Donovan), Kingston (if they don’t sell Ludwinski), and Mississauga (if they make fairly significant addition(s)); all three are teams that will peak 1-2 years from now.
Barrie, Oshawa, Ottawa will be looking to making a run during that period too.

But if NB is to sell, they need to at least offer up the most coveted non-returning commodities. Those are Nelson and Christopolous. They should try to force a team to take DiVincentiis in a trade too.

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Do you guys know Chase Thompson, Powassan Voodoo? I met some of his family over the holidays, and was wondering if we might see him in a Battalion jersey next season.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It’s hard to see NB as sellers given the state of the conference. The main competition for the 2-3 seeds are Brantford (if they don’t sell Donovan), Kingston (if they don’t sell Ludwinski), and Mississauga (if they make fairly significant addition(s)); all three are teams that will peak 1-2 years from now.
Barrie, Oshawa, Ottawa will be looking to making a run during that period too.

But if NB is to sell, they need to at least offer up the most coveted non-returning commodities. Those are Nelson and Christopolous. They should try to force a team to take DiVincentiis in a trade too.
Brantford will likely be buying this year. Possible Dom destination. They're a team being led by a large group of '04s and they were big sellers last year.

Kingston, too. Big sellers last year. They might trade Ludwinski, but they're going to be a strong team regardless. They're coming back next year with a competitive product.

The rest of the teams in the East division probably are sellers, but they still put a fight. The conference is essentially a two dog race between Sudbury and Mississauga, IMO. The former probably adds the most prominent players.

I don't see North Bay as being one of the teams in the picture. Too green, not tough enough, not enough depth, especially on defense. And it happens after two years of being buyers and seeing 60% of your roster turnover.

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I’d like to see the number of games suspended over their careers between Arnsby and say either L McCallum or Musty.
I’ll hang up and listen to your response.
Arnsby is definitely a glue guy. Big PK, face off guy that sets the physical tone. Willing to stand up for teammates. And he can elevate his offensive game when there's an offensive catalyst on his line.

Pure shutdown center.

Reactions: dirty12

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
McCallum is equally a liability and should not be an OA on a good team. Musty leads the OHL in points per game.

McCallum is equally a liability and should not be an OA on a good team. Musty leads the OHL in points per game.
Points per game? That came out of nowhere. My inquiry was based from your mention of suspensions. Sorry for the confusion, again I’ll wait.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Brantford will likely be buying this year. Possible Dom destination. They're a team being led by a large group of '04s and they were big sellers last year.

Kingston, too. Big sellers last year. They might trade Ludwinski, but they're going to be a strong team regardless. They're coming back next year with a competitive product.

The rest of the teams in the East division probably are sellers, but they still put a fight. The conference is essentially a two dog race between Sudbury and Mississauga, IMO. The former probably adds the most prominent players.

I don't see North Bay as being one of the teams in the picture. Too green, not tough enough, not enough depth, especially on defense. And it happens after two years of being buyers and seeing 60% of your roster turnover.
More likely, Brantford adds and makes for a very tough out. The conference is the wolves’ to lose, unless the Battalion add.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Teams trying to win hockey games usually want players who are good at hockey, not a liability to get suspended on any given shift.
Liability to get suspended on any given shift? Must have your 11's mistaken. Mike Baird or Daniel Walker sure but Arnsby? No

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
There's an '07 off the board already for Konnor Smith and Sam McCue. That's a pretty solid return for what's essentially a couple depth guys.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
There's an '07 off the board already for Konnor Smith and Sam McCue. That's a pretty solid return for what's essentially a couple depth guys.
An 07 for a very mediocre return. A head scratcher for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad