North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Their glaring hole is defensive zone play by their D mostly. Even Christopolous and Mathurin have struggled with it at times.
Nelson played with Lukin and Winslow the last two playoffs, why you ask? They are the two best at it since McIvor left I think. We need one of those types badly if there is any kind of “run” to be had.

Some of the defensive lapses of the first half can be attributed to a younger and smaller forward group growing into a bigger role, I think. And uncharacteristically poor rebound control by DiVincentiis as well.
I was a very big fan of Lukin’s crushing hits, and thought he was a pretty good #5 D; but Cajkovic is already showing signs of being the next PP QB, so it worked (ok). Winslow post surgery, well he pretty much played mistake free at least.
I think the team could use Turley to get defensive LD if they choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samee987

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Team Canada Jr add Dman Jorian Donovan to roster.....are we over valuing the talent of Ty Nelson here?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Team Canada Jr add Dman Jorian Donovan to roster.....are we over valuing the talent of Ty Nelson here?
Donovan is replacing Tanner Molendyk, a left shot on their pre-tournament roster. Nelson's main competition in camp was likely Tristan Luneau.

Reactions: Samee987

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
DDV and Mike McIvor are the goalies, starter has not been named. Zac Wilson(?) is in for Ty. Max Donoso has the OTT net. Attendance looks like about 3400 at this point.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oof. Yep. This Sudbury team is missing their big import and in a much better position to make a big deadline add or two.

Getting out of the East this year is a pipedream.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
This trade deadline will be interesting to see what goes down for North Bay. Adam Dennis hopefully doesn’t spend too much time at the $100 minimum bet table with his arsenal of $0.50 chips.
Defense is a priority for next season and beyond, not so much this year. Imagine for a moment a D corps without 24/4/5. Yes that leaves 2/7/17/22 to play top line minutes with 26. Frightening isn’t it?
Use the assets you currently possess to improve that glaring weakness and then we can at least be competitive next year. A non competitive team means sub 2000 attendance more often than not in North Bay.

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Not sure why you leave your rookie goalie in for 8
not really that puzzling. he has to play some and obviously it was decided it was sink or swim. although it is not 3 in 3, i am sure the rest for DD and saving him for Sunday was considered more important than mop up duty. It is not always pretty but that is the life of a backup Once it got past 4 goal spread the likelihood of a a comeback was low.
On the other hand it was not like the rest of the squad was covering themselves in glory and the goalie was the only problem.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This trade deadline will be interesting to see what goes down for North Bay. Adam Dennis hopefully doesn’t spend too much time at the $100 minimum bet table with his arsenal of $0.50 chips.
Defense is a priority for next season and beyond, not so much this year. Imagine for a moment a D corps without 24/4/5. Yes that leaves 2/7/17/22 to play top line minutes with 26. Frightening isn’t it?
Use the assets you currently possess to improve that glaring weakness and then we can at least be competitive next year. A non competitive team means sub 2000 attendance more often than not in North Bay.
It's possible to go into the deadline as significant sellers moving big pieces like Dom and Nelson, while still adding an 18 year old piece on D just to hold sway in the meantime.

It's tough to see where they'll be next year considering the forward group is likely going to be quite talented. I just think they'd be putting their best foot forward adding a high-end prospect or two and cashing in the chips they have now. We had our run.

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It's possible to go into the deadline as significant sellers moving big pieces like Dom and Nelson, while still adding an 18 year old piece on D just to hold sway in the meantime.

It's tough to see where they'll be next year considering the forward group is likely going to be quite talented. I just think they'd be putting their best foot forward adding a high-end prospect or two and cashing in the chips they have now. We had our run.
If able to acquire half the value of a good ROS player for DiVincentiis, the Battalion have to consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad