Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
cmon refs, why didnt you give them a delay of game penalty when the fans wouldnt stop throwing towels onto the ice

:(

that would have been amazing, fans cause penalty, leafs score OT winner on PP

edit: Leafs/Carlyle this is what happens when you try to defend a lead, you had all the momentum in the game and started turtling toward the end..........

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I can't believe it. I had thought after this last weekend I would see a few teams beat the big bad east teams. I thought Pens, Bruins, and Rangers would all be out- instead they are all in. The only underdog now is Sens- and they certainly don't look like an underdog. Specially if they get Spezza back.

Looks like the best teams really did win this first round (minus Detroit, Sens). Although I know there is no more 'best' teams in the playoffs- but on paper most of those elite teams did actually win.

Frustrating- I'm a huge Caps fan. Luckily my Sharks made it and have a chance to beat out LA.

GO SHARKS!

(Go Wild...next year? :pullhair:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
The leafs "heart-break" thread. Sad, but wow:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2458 (596 members and 1862 guests)

Woooooow

Billy Mays Here*

The leafs "heart-break" thread. Sad, but wow:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2458 (596 members and 1862 guests)

Woooooow

At first I thought you meant viewing this thread. I was like, do we even have 596 members on HF Wild? Then I realized what you meant.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
tumblr_m3y3t5h0QL1rrentqo1_1280.png

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Were I a leafs fan right now I would probably be standing on a rooftop somewhere.

That's got to be just about the most gut-wrenching of a loss to see. I mean come on, TWO extra attacker goals 31 seconds apart? I can't even remember the last time I saw that happen.

I just stared at the screen in sheer disbelief.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Bergeron's OT goal made me very happy. Love seeing the Leafs finally eliminated.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
While this pertains to Minnesota, Boogaard was a member of the Rangers and the lawsuit is more toward the NHL, I thought I would stick it here. Gotta wonder about the publicity this lawsuit is going to do for Minnesota, especially if they lose. It does put a very negative light on the Minnesota organization but on the other hand, I'm curious how many other teams are doing the same damn thing. It'll be an interesting lawsuit and really there isn't going to be any winners here.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I don't think the lawsuit puts a negative light on Minnesota or the Wild organization per se... More the NHL and professional hockey as a whole. Prescription drug abuse isn't restricted to our team, or even hockey as a sport; it's a much larger problem.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't think the lawsuit puts a negative light on Minnesota or the Wild organization per se... More the NHL and professional hockey as a whole. Prescription drug abuse isn't restricted to our team, or even hockey as a sport; it's a much larger problem.

Well, we don't know that yet. It's a good chance it isn't just Minnesota's problem but still pretty irresponsible of them. It's like the cookie jar and getting caught.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I can't believe it. I had thought after this last weekend I would see a few teams beat the big bad east teams. I thought Pens, Bruins, and Rangers would all be out- instead they are all in. The only underdog now is Sens- and they certainly don't look like an underdog. Specially if they get Spezza back.

Looks like the best teams really did win this first round (minus Detroit, Sens). Although I know there is no more 'best' teams in the playoffs- but on paper most of those elite teams did actually win.

Frustrating- I'm a huge Caps fan. Luckily my Sharks made it and have a chance to beat out LA.

GO SHARKS!

(Go Wild...next year? :pullhair:

Spezza isn't doing to hot, doubt he comes back anytime soon.

I still can't believe how well they have done without him. Really speaks to Ottawa's depth. Turris, Conacher, Silvferberg, Zibanejad, Wiercioch, Lehner and of course Karlsson. Many are friggin rookies. That is quite a solid young core to work with. All of which are getting a good amount of minutes this year. Ottawa is done rebuilding and is about to go on a tear for quite a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad